Chapter 64

| Sixty Four |
* * *
ARIANA
~

In such bewilderment, I observed the two expressions that glared at each other in such dismay. It seemed as if Harry was startled by my brother's presence. Noticing his uncomfortable posture, the tense jaw and even how his hand gripped onto the couch. My brother, Tyler, on the other hand, seemed more authoritative. His eyebrows low, his pierced lips, the displeasure was visible. It was all too tense.

Had they met before? It was obvious by now that this wasn't a good thing. What were the chances though? I really didn't need this. I just wanted today to go well.

"Ariana, can I speak to you for a moment." My brother requests.

I look over at Harry, watching him swallow and slowly nod for me to go.

I get up and walk out the room with Tyler, closing the door behind me.

"Ariana why is that guy in our living room?" My brother complains.

Why did he seem so angry?

"He's my friend, Harry." I stutter, still taken aback by his sudden reaction.

"You invited him here?" He grits.

"Yes, he's my friend like I said. What's up with you right now?"

"Well get him out." He denounces.

I stare at him in shock.

"Excuse me?"

"I don't want him here in this house, I said what I said."

"Who do you think you are?" I shout. "No! Why are you saying this?"

"Ariana? The guy's notorious among us cops."

My lips part.

"Look, everyone's got a past Tyler." I sigh.

A part of me didn't want to ask why Harry was recognised around the law enforcement, what if it really was of serious concern? But then again, what are the chances? It's Harry. After all, if he's really that threatening then why isn't he in prison? Tyler's just acting as the protective brother, which whilst I'm grateful he cares, it's really not what I need right now. Rather, I feel embarrassed about this introduction between the two and how he just left Harry like that.

Knowing Harry, it's all just over fights.

"No Ariana, look, I don't know exactly the case—"

"Exactly, you don't know. So why are you being so disrespectful? Over something even you aren't aware of completely? I know your role you in the law enforcement is important but please relax, not everyone's a bad guy." I argue. "You don't know him."

"Let me talk Ariana. I've had an encounter with him already. I don't get a good feeling with him."

"And that's it? You don't get a good feeling. What was he in for then?"

"Violence... drugs..."

"What do you mean by that though Tyler? Tell me the truth." I complain.

He sighs, rubbing his forehead.

"Fights, having substances on him."

"Look, I'm not trying to excuse that behaviour, but come on Tyler, you're acting like he's a murderer. Let it go."

"Ariana it wasn't the only time. His record is awful. But it's more the fact that, there's a case, a big case and his name has been raised in suspicion."