Chapter 28

| Twenty Eight |

I follow Harry to his car whilst wrapping my arms around myself. It is dark and cold and I can't help shivering a little.

As we got in the car, I notice Harry staring at me.

"What?" I ask, covering my face with my hands.

"Nothing," he mumbles. He turns away and rests his hand on the steering wheel. "Where to?"

I confirm the address to him, responding with a nod and begins driving.

Things seemed a little weird between us since that day, I didn't know where we stood still.

"What are you doing today." He asks, his eyes locked on the road.

"My results will be up today," I sigh whilst rubbing my eyes. "I really need to sleep."

I was constantly battling to keep my eyes open but they constantly drooped no matter how hard I tried to keep them open.

He glances at me.

"Yeah you really do,"

"I know," I say.

"I mean the bags under your eyes—"

My hands shoot up and cover my face. "What!"

He bursts out laughing.

I roll my eyes but can't help but chuckle slightly.

"Wow, so funny," I say sarcastically, chuckling along.

"I'm kidding babe, don't worry," he smirks.

I roll my eyes.

"So does that mean you're graduating soon," He smirks.

"Well, if I have passed then hopefully," I say, biting my lip.

The thought made me a little nervous.

"You will," He states. "I'll be there."

I stare at him. "Aw Harry,"

"U-uh... actually you won't," he stutters.

This time, it was me bursting out in laughter at him.

"Wow," I chuckle.

"Fuck off," He laughs along.

It felt good like this, just being able to laugh along with each other.

I smile at him as the laughter dies down.

"Thanks anyway Harry,"

He mumbles.

"What,"

"You're welcome," He says a bit louder.

"Why is it so hard to say something nice?" I chuckle.

He doesn't respond so I left it, rolling my eyes.

The car came to a halt and I glance around outside, ensuring he had arrived at the correct address. I inform Blair we have arrived, hoping she would be here soon.

However, ten minutes had now passed and she still wasn't here.

I sigh.

"Where is she, what are we supposed to do?" I moan.

I feel something brush against my leg, turning my head to see Harry leaning over me.

"I know what we could do," He smirks, licking his lips and his eyes fall to mine.

"Yeah right," I laugh.

He looks a little disappointed but I just shrug it off.

He starts leaning in as his eyes lock onto mine. What is he doing? What was I doing?

All of a sudden there was a bang on the window and both Harry's and I's heads automatically curve round to see who or what it was.

Blair.

"Hi guys!" She squeals, stumbling slightly.

You could hear the clacking of her heels as she runs to open the back door, struggling but eventually swinging it open and sliding in. Harry and I were both welcomed to the powerful smell of alcohol which clung onto Blair.

I turn attention back to Harry, who's attention had been on me before twisting back round to face the front.

What was up with him?

Harry and I were quiet the whole journey a part from Blair, who rambled on about random things throughout. Which, whilst irritating after a while, I appreciated for distracting me from the awkwardness between Harry and I. I had no idea why he was acting so unusual. Did I do something wrong?

As soon as the car came to a stop, Blair jumps out, leaving just Harry and I. He was gripping onto the steering wheel quite tight and his face wore a serious expression with his pierced lips and narrow eyes.

"Harry... are you ok?"

He mumbles resulting in me letting out a sigh.

"Thanks for doing this," I bite my lip. "I'll let you know about my results,"

"I'll come," he interrupts, turning to look at me.

"Harry, what if I don't pas—"

"Ari, you fucking will ok. Stop bringing yourself down, saying all this negative shit. You're smart and even if you don't — which you will — it won't be the end of the world," He says sternly.

"Everything will be ok," he mumbles, managing to flash a warm smile.

Though it doesn't last. He twists his head back round swiftly, as though he had done something wrong.

I stare at him: his face had return to the stern and emotionless expression before. I can tell he was in deep thought, battling with himself.

"Thank you," I smile.

As much as I was amazed by how kind he had been, putting me at such ease and understanding my insecurities, I wasn't going to mention it. I wasn't going to make a big deal about it and embarrass him. It was the last thing he needed. I knew something was up with Harry and I knew this was hard enough on him to express such caring words.

I felt so overwhelmed.

I lean over and kiss him on the cheek before pulling away, watching his face shoot to mine. He seemed a little shook, his eyes widened slightly as his soft rosy lips part.

I bite my lip.

"Bye," I whisper.