"Why not? I'm her daughter, I should have the right to know as much as you and dad." I argue, "What happened about family, Rocco?"

He stays silent for a moment, "Do you want to know the truth?"

"Yes I do. What is happening to our family? Dad's in prision, mom has cancer, you live in California and I'm so caught up with my life at college. What is going to happen?"

"We're all breaking apart." He answers firmly, my expression drains as if all the emotion has left, "Think about it, Isabelle. In the end, you and I both know that we'll only have each other."

Pushing his body away to increase the distance, I look at him in awe, "How could you say that, Rocco?"

"You wanted the truth and now I'm giving you the truth." He folds his arms across his chest, "You better wake up from dreams, little sis, Otherwise you'll get left behind in reality."

I scoff, "I'd rather let myself dream every second of my life to escape this hell-hole what you call 'reality'."

Dean after me, Chase gone, Father in prison for another three months, My mom having cancer for ten months... my life is becoming a roller-coaster, and an awful one at that.

"I'll look after you." My brother states, "I always will."

"What about mom? dad?"

"Dad's still in prison, he can't come out. You know that. And mom... she-"

"Do you know how long she could possibly survive?" I whispered, it was a cut in my throat as Rocco nodded his head and looked at the ground.

"The doctor told me exactly how long before we have to say goodbye to her."

"How long would that be?" I questioned, his eyes looks into mine.

"You don't need to know that, Isabelle."

My temper was boiling, "How come? Just tell me Rocco."

Heavily huffing out a breath, his body walks over to mine as he wraps his arms around me in comfort of what's to come, "She only has two months." He kisses the top of my forehead, "Two months until we have to say goodbye."

My chest clenches as if someone had stabbed a butcher knife into it. My eyes couldn't hold the water of tears anymore since they had rapidly fallen down my cheeks. Holding onto my brother tightly, I ask him, "Will it only be us afterwards?"

He nods lightly and sighs, "Only us." His hug tightens around me and I do the same to him.

***

[Chase's POV]

- The time where he sneaked out during the night and left Isabelle a note. -

I know it's wrong to leave your girlfriend alone during the night after you had just healed your relationship together but there was something I needed to do, for her.

It's 1am in the morning and I'm sure that this person isn't the slightest bit tired. Driving down a familiar rode, the dimmed street lights were poor showing the way.

After arriving at the destination, I look at the house.

Hmm, it seems more broken then it was before last time I saw.

Unbuckling my seat belt, I step out of the car and lock it shut, fixing my jacket, I make my way up to their doorstep and bang hardly on the wooden frame. It took a good minute before a recognisable face had opened the door.

"Chase, mate. Long time no see." He slurred. Bloodshot grey eyes, dark tousled black hair, it was him. One third of the main people who was responsible for Ellie's murder.