Chapter 18: Day out with Tracy

Start from the beginning

I look back and see Jayden in his car seat. He smiles at me and I wave at him.

"So where are we going to eat?"I ask.

"I was thinking maybe we could go to Eric Kayser"she says. "What's that?"I ask.

"It's a really nice restaurant"she says.

We drive to the restaurant. We get a table and I look over the menu.

"Hmmm"everything looks so good, I don't know what to pick"I say.

"I know right"she says. The waiter comes up to us.

"Hi my name is Edward and I will be your server"he says with a cute accent.

"Hi I'll have the Le Traditionnel"Tracy says. "And I'll just have the La Caesar Salad"I say. Keeping it nice and simple.

"Your food should be served to you soon"he says and takes up our menus.

"So how do you like living here?"Tracy turns to me.

"Oh it's wonderful here"I say.

"Yea it is, I've basically been raised here"she says.

"Have you been anywhere else besides living here?"I ask. "You mean out the country?"she asks.

"Yea"I say.

"Nope, never. I always hear about America and I've always wanted to visit. Is it nice?"she asks.

"Beyond nice. I love America. There's just so much to do and many people there. It's just an amazing place. Just like Paris is amazing"I say.

"Do you have any relatives that still live over there?"she asks. "Yea my brother does. He's studying at college in New York"I say.

"Oh that's nice"she says. "Do you have any relatives here?"I ask.

"Actually I have three sisters. Two of them moved out of the country and the other one whose name is Elizabeth, she lives here"she say.

"Does your parents live here?"I ask.

"Yea"she says. "That's good"say.

"Yep I'm the youngest"she says. "Me too"I say.

"So what are you having exactly?"she asks pointing to my stomach.

"I'm having a girl"I say. "Aww have you thought of any names yet?"she asks.

"Actually I haven't really thought about it"I say. "I'm sure you can come up with great names"she says.

"Maybe"I say and look down at my hands.She places her hand across the table.

"Ariana, stop doubting yourself. You'll be a great mother"she says. I look back at her and smile.

Our food comes out to us and we eat.

"Mmm this salad is really good"I say.

"This sandwich is also good"she says.

I look at Jayden and notice him asleep.

"He's so cute"I say.

"Yea he is but he's also a pain. Babies are so much work but you'll come to realize that it's worth it in the end"she says. I look at him again and finish my salad.

Once we finish they take up our plates. I go to grab my wallet but Tracy stops me.

"I'll pay for everything"she says. "Are you sure?"I ask.

"That's what friends are for right?"she asks and takes her wallet out. It feels nice to finally have a friend here in Paris.

I haven't had a friend in a long time since Jeanette moved to Italy.

But now that I think of it Italy isn't too far from where I live.

Tracy pays and we leave.

"Hey wanna go get pedicures?"she asks.

"Really?"I ask. "Come on it'll be fun"she says.

We go to a salon not too far from here. We look for the nail polish color we want and then sit down.

Two ladies come up to us and cleans and scrubs out feet. Then they trim our nails and make our feet look nice. They pint our toenails.

I chose a dark red color and Tracy chose a mint green.

Once they finished painting our nails, Tracy paid. We walk out and she drives me back home.

"Thank you so much for today"I say.

"Your welcome. Call me"she says.

"Ok"I say and walk out. I walk back inside and smile that Connor isn't here yet. But my mom is.

"Where did you go?"she asks. "I hung out with Tracy"I say.

"Oh really, what did you do?"she asks.

"We went out to eat for lunch and then we got our toes done"I say and take off my shoes to show her.

"That's pretty"she says. "It is"I say.

"Well I'm glad you finally made a friend here"she says.

"Me too"I say and smile.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A. N.

Hey guys!

Hope you liked the chapter.

Comment💬

Vote👥

Follow😄