“So what’s been going on in the world of Mark?” she asked, motioning for me to sit next to her. I did so and blushed a little.

                “Um, I’m dating Maxx Falcone,” I said with a small smile.

                “That boy you were crushing on for so long?” she asked. I nodded and she smiled. “Good for you Marky!” she said.

                She stood up and let out a yawn. “I’m going to go to bed Mark. I’m exhausted. But I’m happy for you baby. I love you,” she said and hugged me, kissing my forehead.

                I went into my bedroom and pulled my shirt off. I changed into basketball shorts and sighed as I pulled my covers back from my bed.

                Something hit my window and I let out a yelp as I jumped in shock. I spun around and my heart just about stopped.

                I hurried over to my window and pulled it open. Maxx Falcone grinned at me. “Sorry, I didn’t mean to scare you,” he said as I helped him into my room.

                “Maxx, I have a doorbell,” I pointed out as Jude let out a hiss from under my bed. Maxx nodded and grinned wider.

                “I know you do. But I thought the window would be a fun cliché to try out,” he said with an innocent shrug.

                He gently stroked my face and brought his lips to mine. I immediately kissed him back, wrapping my arms around his neck.

                He pulled my legs so that they were wrapped around his waist. He carried me over to my bed and sat down with me in his lap.

                I opened my mouth, letting his tongue in. He was very careful of my back this time, keeping his hands firmly on my hips as our tongues battled together.

                Maxx began to run his hands on my chest. He kissed my neck and, finding my soft spot, sucked it. I let out a slight moan and he sucked it harder. I tangled my hands in his hair.

                But then I shoved him away from me. He stared at me in confusion as I held a finger to my lip. Shit! Shit! Shit!

                “Get in my closet!” I hissed, pulling him over to it and shoving him in. I shut the door and grabbed a shirt, throwing it on and making sure it hid the mark Maxx had just left.

                My bedroom door opened and my mom looked at me in confusion. “Are you okay Mark? I heard something,” she said with a deep frown.

                “Yea, I’m fine. I just tripped over Jude was all,” I lied as smoothly as I possibly could.

                Mom glanced at the cat hiding under my bed. Jude hissed and backed under my bed even farther and mom sighed.

                “Okay dear, just be careful,” she said and shut the door. I waited a minute before going to my closet and opening the door once I heard my mom’s bedroom door shut.

                “Sorry Maxx. I forgot she was home,” I whispered as he crawled out.

                He chuckled and hugged me, kissing me. “It’s okay Mark,” he said, pulling me over to his bed. We cuddled up on it together and I rested my head on his chest.

                He wrapped his arms around me and kissed my forehead. He gently rubbed the uninjured part of my back.

                “Hey, if I ever take it too far with you, just let me know Mark,” Maxx said softly.

                I smiled a little and nodded, closing my eyes. How could I be so paranoid? When Maxx was being this sweet, it was easy to forget about those stupid knowing looks he and Chandler shared. It had to just be in my head.

                Maxx wasn’t going to use me or hurt me. He was even letting me decide when enough was enough. He wasn’t going to pressure me. Why had I been worrying so much?

                “Listen Mark, Chandler and I were planning to have a sleepover at my place this weekend. Are you in?” he asked with a smirk.

                I nodded and kissed his neck. “Of course I’m in,” I said with a small smile. I would just text Shaw through the night to make sure he helped me keep my head. I wasn’t sure I was strong enough to stop Maxx if he we kept getting so close like this.

                Maxx smiled. “Good. I’m glad you’ll be there. We’re going to do it Friday. We’ll sleep in my basement, I guess,” he said.

                I tried to keep myself calm. What could go wrong? Chandler would be there with us, and surely Maxx wouldn’t go any farther than a deep kiss around Chandler. Maybe a make out, but that would be it. He wouldn’t go…that far. Not with Chandler there.

                I looked up and Maxx smiled at me. But there it was again. That damn knowing look, and Chandler wasn’t even here.

                No, I was just tired and imagining things. That was all. I had to stop doing that and just trust Maxx. He wasn’t using me! Dammit!

                “You’re zoning out again,” Maxx said and I jumped a little.

                He pecked my lips and smiled, that knowing look gone from his eyes. “Hey, go to sleep. I’ll get out of here, don’t worry. You look tired,” he said and kissed me again.

                “Stay until I fall asleep?” I asked and let out a yawn.

                Maxx nodded and ran his hand through my hair soothingly. “You got it,” he said and kissed me once more.

                I relaxed, my body warm against Maxx’s as he continued to run a hand through my hair, his other one wrapped around me lovingly. Comfortable in his arms, I let myself fall asleep, pushing all troubled thoughts out of my head.