Chapter 34

-2 weeks later-

Demi's Pov

For the past 2 weeks I haven't really slept. It's not because Madison has been moving or kicking, it's mostly because I just can't seem to get comfortable. 

We have my 34 week scan today, this'll be my last scan before Madison is born. We have most things ready and today I need to discuss the final plans for the birth. I have decided and have talked to Joe about it, he said that it's up to me and how I'll feel most comfortable. I joked and told him that there was no way that giving birth would be comfortable, and we laughed about it for a minute or so.

The truth is, nerves are starting to kick in. 

"I don't know if I'll be able to handle the pain" I said to Joe

"You've been pretty good with the pains you've had so far" he replied

"Yeah, but I can't imagine that's how painful they'll get, I bet they'll get much worse"

"They probably will" he agreed "But I'll be there the whole time" 

"Thank you" I said, smiling a small smile

We got ready and then we left the house, we used to walk to the doctors but because I'm far along in my pregnancy, Joe insists that he drives me; I don't complain though.

We get to the doctors and once we are in the room with the doctor I get on to the bed and pull my top up. The doctor does the scan first and says that everything is good.

"Demi...I need you to tell me what you're final plans are for the delivery" she said

"I would like to have her naturally but in water if possible" I said

"Ok" she replied, while typing it up on my notes "Would you like anything else?" she asked "Maybe a birthing ball?"

"That sounds like a good idea" I replied as she typed that up as well

"Who do you want to be allowed in the room" 

"Just Joe" I replied "His parents can come in once the baby is born" I said

This whole time, Joe didn't say anything so I looked at him and said "Is that ok?" 

He held my hand and said "It's your decision and whatever will make you feel most comfortable I'll go with"

"Thank you" I replied

The doctor continued by asking about pain medication, I replied that I only wanted medications that would not have side effects such as drowsiness or the loss of feeling in my legs. I wanted to be able to give birth as naturally as possible and with as little pain medication as I could. I didn't want to be in so much pain that I couldn't cope, but I wanted to feel the pain as I felt it was part of the whole process of giving birth. I also didn't want to be put to sleep unless the baby's life was at risk and she needed to be out really quickly. I wanted Joe and I to be the first people to see her. 

After we had finished talking about the birth plan the doctor said "Have you had any pains or aches since I last saw you, I know you had a few pains, like contractions, but how are they now?"

"They come a little more frequently but not too often" I said

"How often is more often?" she asked

"I get about 2-3 a day" I replied "But some days it'll only be 1 pain"

"Ok, that's ok at the moment but please keep an eye on it and if you start getting them more regularly and they are stronger then please go to the hospital"