Chapter 13

Joe's Pov

"Oh, sorry" I said as we pulled away "I didn't mean..."

Just then Demi got up and ran out of the music room.

"DAMN IT!" I shouted, angry at myself.

I must have shocked her, I should have taken the hint that she didn't like contact because she didn't even want me to hold her hand yesterday.

I ran after Demi, I checked the guest bedroom first, that is where she is most likely to be. She was sitting on the bed crying her eyes out.

Demi's Pov

Its hard to explain how that felt, it was an amazing feeling but I can't be falling for someone that I hardly know, can I?

I ran out of the music room because I couldn't deal with the intensity of that moment. It was too hard, I've never kissed a boy before and even though the feeling was amazing, it was still all too much.

I sat there crying when I heard someone open the door, it was Joe. He came in a sat on the bed next to me, but leaving a little space between us. I moved away even more. I heard Joe let out a small sigh, so I looked at him.

There was a little silence, no-one spoke, I bowed my head, trying not to make eye contact.

"I meant what I said Demi" he said "Your song is really good"

"Thanks" I said shyly, lifting my head a little, but still not making eye contact.

"But I didn't mean for that to happen" he said "It....just...kind of.....happened. I'm sorry"

I didn't reply, there was another silence, but, it wasn't awkward. I was just a space in time where no-one spoke.

I thought about what had happened for a minute. Could I tell Joe how I really felt? Could I trust him?

After all I didn't know him that well.

I decided that if I was honest the worse thing that could happen is that he could kick me out and if he did that, yes I would be back to square one but I wouldn't have exactly lost anything, just a friendship, but, I was used to not having any of those anyway.

But, the best thing that could come out of this was that he could feel the same way.

Before I could speak Joe said "I like you Demi"

"What do you mean?" I asked, getting a little excited, but trying not to show it

"I like, like you" he said slowly

I smiled

"You don't feel the same, do you?" he sighed

I bowed my head again.

Joe started to get up to leave me alone but I grabbed his arm "I do" I said quietly.