Chapter 14

Demi's Pov

"I do" I said, answering Joe's question, I paused, "well...at least I think I do"

I heard Joe let another small sigh and then say "What do you mean?"

"I mean...Umm..."

He gave me a little bit of a puzzled look

"I mean...I've never had this feeling before"

"Oh" he said "It's okay, don't worry, take your time. Think about it"

There was an awkward silence, I didn't know what to say and I guess Joe didn't either.

Joe got up and walked out, leaving me still sitting on the edge of the bed, I got cold so I got into bed and curled up while thinking about the feelings that had come over me. Was this love?

I feel asleep and was awoken by Joe telling me that his mom was home and that she had made us all dinner. He also said that Nick was back and that he wanted a re-match at pool after dinner.

I laughed then sat up in bed, I yawned.

Joe and I then went downstairs, ate dinner then met Nick in the games room, I played another match with Nick but I won again. I never knew I was this good at something.

I then told Joe that I wanted to go up to the music room

"Can I come with you?" he asked

"Yeah, sure" I replied

We both walked up the the music room, Nick went into the living room and watched TV with his parents.

When Joe and I got up to the music room I went straight over to the piano and started playing that familiar tune of the song I had written.

It wasn't complete yet, but I had an idea for the missing part. I played it on the piano, but, to me it didn't sound right.

"What about this Demi?" Joe said as he started playing a similar tune but on the guitar that he had picked up. He played and I sung along.

When we had finished, I said "I LOVE IT!!"

"Really?" Joe asked

"Yeah!" I replied "I like it better than when I played it on the piano"

"Seriously?" he asked

"Yeah!" I replied "Let's play it again, it's still not finished. What about adding something like this in"

I started singing the new melody that I had in my head

"You must be a miracle worker,

Swearing up and down that you can't fix what's broken yeah

Please don't get my hopes up no no

Baby tell me how could you be so cruel

It's like you're pouring salt on my cuts"

I stopped singing

Joe was staring at me, I waved a hand in front of his face. Still in a half trance he said "You have a beautiful voice"

"Thank you" I said giggling

We sung the song through another time with the new bit added in and then I said "It's done!"

"Yeah" Joe said "It's beautiful"

"Thank you" I replied "But, I defiantly think it sounds better on guitar compared with piano"

"I don't know" he said "With a bit more practice and stuff, I think it could sound just as good on the piano"

"You think so?"

"Yeah" he replied

I shut the top to the piano and Joe put he guitar back on it's stand before we both walked towards the door, walking out and closing it behind us.

It was getting late so we both decided to head to bed.

"That was good" I yawned

"Yeah...it really was" Joe smiled

We walked along the top corridor and I opened the door to the guest bedroom, Joe hugged me goodnight and then I walked in the room closing the door behind me. I got dressed into my night clothes and got into bed, pulling to covers up I lay there thinking:

What if I am in love with Joe? What if this is what love really feels like?

I mean who knew, who knew that a rich guy that decides to pick me up off the street because he thinks I am "special" could possibly turn into my boyfriend.

I lay there thinking about this thought, I fell asleep feeling all warm inside.

Joe's Pov

I walked with Demi to the guest bedroom and then once she had closed the door to go to sleep I walked to my bedroom. I closed the door behind me, got dressed then laid down thinking about her. I hope she decides about whether she loves me soon because I do love her.

I have had girlfriends in the past, but, I was right about Demi. She is different, different in a good way though. Different I suppose because of what has happened in her past. But, I'm glad that I saw through that and picked her up from the street because this might just change my life forever.