Chapter 21

-A Week Later-

Joe's Pov

For everyday this week I've promised myself to make sure that Demi feels safer and more welcome; and I think I'm doing a good job. I've seen her smile more and its a genuine smile, nothing fake.

Right now me and Demi have just finished playing pool in the games room and, of course, Demi won, again. I sighed and pulled a fake sad face as she walked over and I gave her a quick hug before we both walked out into the big hallway.

"What do you want to do now?" I asked, looking Demi in the eyes.

"Umm..." she said, biting her lip.

Argh! Whenever she bites her lip it drives me crazy!

The girlfriends I've had in the past are very unlike Demi. Demi is sensitive and I can tell that she would rather take things slow. The other girlfriends I've had, well... let's just say they were the opposite.

So, what I'm trying to say is that this is new territory for me as well. Most of my girlfriends lasted a month tops. But they were nothing like the way I feel about Demi. Demi is the most beautiful and understanding person I know. She's also grown so much in confidence since I've met her 2-3 months ago, I can hardly believe it. 

"Want to go to the music room? Maybe write another song?" I asked, breaking my gaze.

She nodded her head yes and then she followed me in the direction of the music room.

We went in and Demi quickly went and sat down at the piano. She had a real talent for song writing, I could see that. I mean her song that she wrote called 'Fix A Heart' was just simply brilliant!

Demi started playing the tune to 'Fix A Heart' and then turned to me and said, "I want to write something different"

"Ok" I replied

Demi sat there and played a few notes before she came up with a tune. She stopped, she seemed to be thinking.

She then began to sing "But you're so hypnotizing

You've got me laughing while I sing

You've got me smiling in my sleep"

I smiled at her, she really did have a real talent. "That was brilliant!" I said 

"Thank you" she smiled shyly

She then began to sing it through again, but this time carrying it on with some more lyrics she had thought of "But you're so hypnotizing

You've got me laughing while I sing

You've got me smiling in my sleep

And I can see this unraveling

Your love is where I'm falling

But please don't catch me..."

"Catch Me" she said "Catch Me" she said again "What do you think?" she asked

I thought it was a lovely name, I thought her voice was lovely too. I thought she was beautiful and for a moment I couldn't take my eyes off of her. I slowly leaned in. She followed.

Soon our lips touched and we were kissing. My parents weren't at home, at least I didn't think they were; I just hoped they wouldn't walk in again and spoil this moment. 

I made the kiss deeper, Demi didn't move or pull away meaning that she probably liked it. I slowly pulled away, leaving her lips as slowly as I possibly could. I looked at her lips, almost asking to kiss her again. She bit her lip and nodded her head slightly. 

I leaned it again and before I knew it we were making out in the music room, it was getting intense and I felt so much passion and love for her but I knew she wouldn't want to take it further. I'm making out with the prettiest girl I've ever seen. I'm making out with the prettiest girl I've ever seen. I said this in my head while I was kissing her. 

Again I pulled away as slowly as possible and then just stared at her amazing body. Gosh I wish I could take it further with her but I respect the fact that she wouldn't want that. 

Demi's Pov

I can't believe I've just made out with Joe. I just made out with Joe. I wanted to scream it from the rooftops but I just kept calm and stared into his eyes while he was staring into mine. I wanted to take it further; gosh I wanted to make love. But I knew that I couldn't do that, not to him. He probably didn't want that. 

But even if he did want to make love to me, it wouldn't be right. We've only known each other for about 2-3 months. It wouldn't be right to make love. I mean I want to, but what if I got pregnant, then what would I do?

Would I tell him? Or just get an abortion? No! What am I thinking, I wouldn't never get an abortion, I don't like the idea of them.

I slowly moved my gaze down his body and then back up to his eyes, gosh he had a hot body.

I love him, he's so kind and caring and just a lovely person to be around, but, we couldn't make love, could we?