Chapter 1

Demi's Pov

"Help,please." I held up a cardboard sign on the side of a busy street, I was trying to hide so owners of the place behind wouldn't come out and tell me to go away.

I'm Demi Lovato. I'm 22 years old and I'm homeless. When I was 14, my whole house got burned down for some reason, I was the only one to escape,leaving my parents and siblings to die. My aunt took me in, until she started to accuse me of killing my family, so they kicked me out. I tried the prostitution part and that didn't get me far. I got the money, then it just got robbed off me. I tried to get a job, but after the boss saw my clothes, they told me to go and that I wasn't worth their time. I stayed with my aunt since I was 14. Started Prostitution at 17, and starting being homeless since I was 18.

Being homeless for 4 years does have an affect on you. I have become anything but confident. I'm silent, I don't like speaking to people anymore. I don't like to show my body, even though I'm growing out of my clothes that I found in a dump. I look dirty and my black hair is a big mess. I sleep under a bridge like a lot of homeless people do, they try to talk to me, but I don't respond. They call me the silent girl, since they don't know my name.

It was getting late, so I stopped and headed to my bridge. Which was 9 miles away from here. Yes, it was a long walk.

Joe's POV.

I slipped on my shirt and headed downstairs in my parent's house, "Go Falcons! Go!" Nick, my younger brother, was yelling at the tv. The Falcons were playing The Panthers. I stood behind the couch, distracted at the game. "Joseph, pay attention." my mom woke me up from the tv.

"Here is the list I need you to get at the store. You come straight home, you hear me? Jeff needs the ingredients to make the food." Jeff was out butler, "Yes, Denise." I pecked her cheek, I grabbed the list and my keys. I headed into my Range Rover. I headed out of my driveway once the gate had opened. I drove off to the store.

I'm Joe Jonas, I'm the son of Denise and Paul Jonas. They own his big company making us filthy rich. Before you judge me and say I'm one of those rude rich guys. You are wrong. The money hasn't gone to my head and we give back to a lot of charities. To be honest, I would rather be middle class than being top class because I'm not really sure who my real friends are. I'm 21, just turned 21 just a few months ago. Nick,my younger brother,he's 20. My older brother, Kevin, he went off and got married somewhere.

Me, I'm still looking for the one.

I still live with my parents because they believe I can't move out until I find the "one." Which I don't care because I have butler, a cook, and a maid to clean and cook for me.

I found a parking spot. I got out and headed inside.

I got all the things and got them in my car 30 minutes later. I started to head back home, but I saw a girl walking down the street. She had long black hair and her clothes were ripped, I knew she was homeless, but she looked a bit more innocent than the others I have seen, I pulled my car on the side of the road.

"Want a ride to my house?" I looked at her,she looked at me scared.