Chapter 9

Demi's Pov

I woke up the next morning as the light was streaming in through my window and as the sun hit my leg, I felt warm. I got up and put my dressing gown on and opened my bedroom door, it was quiet, I guess no-one is upstairs.

Just then I heard a familiar voice coming from downstairs; it was Joe. I slowly walked out of my room and closed the door behind me and then walked down the stairs to where I heard the voice coming from.

Joe was in the games room with Nick, playing pool. When I came in Joe was taking his shot, he looked up before taking his shot, but looked up again quickly and as he did he accidentally took his shot, hitting the ball way too hard and causing it to disturb the other balls quite a bit.

I laughed.

"Hey! It's not funny!" Joe said

"I know" I replied, still laughing

"So....why are you laughing then?" he asked

"Cause it is funny!" said Nick, who was also laughing.

"Okay......it is kind of funny" Joe said starting to laugh himself.

"Hey Demi, do you want to play the winner?" Nick asked

"Sure" I replied quietly

"Careful bro, Demi is really good at pool!"

"Bet I can beat her!" Nick said

"Bet you can't" replied Joe

"Okay, it's a bet. I will verse Demi after this game" Nick said

"Is that okay with you Demi?" Joe asked, looking me straight in the eyes

I found myself lost in his eyes, his deep chocolate brown eyes.

"Demi! Demi!"I heard Joe say

"What? Yeah" I replied

"Is that alright with you?" Nick asked

"Yeah, sure" I smiled

Joe and Nick got on with there game, in the end Nick won.

"Okay, time for our game" Nick said to me

"Okay" I said getting up from the step that I was sitting on, I walked around the other side of the pool table and grabbed a cue from the stand.

Nick set up the balls in the triangle and then lifted the triangle away leaving the balls in a triangle shape. He then walked around to the other side of the table where I was standing and took the opening shot.

Joe sat on the step that I had been sitting on for the entire game, in the end I won.

"Ha! Told you so!" Joe said loudly

"Alright, alright" Nick said disappointed "Well done Demi" he congratulated me.

We walked out of the room after putting the cues away in there place and the balls back under the table. Nick went off to get something to eat and Joe and I went into the living room.

There was no-one in there, I guess Joe's parents are both out at work, leaving Nick, Joe and I in the house.

Joe and I sat down on opposite couches and watched TV. Once the program had finished, I was tired.

"I'm tired" I yawned

"Go and have a nap then silly!" Joe joked

"Okay" I yawned again

I got up and slowly walked out of the room and up to the guest bedroom where Joe and his family are letting me stay.

It's times like this that I feel really thankful for all that Joe has done for me.

I get up to the guest bedroom and looked out of the window, it was spitting with rain and the wind was blowing furiously.

I know that if Joe hadn't picked me up on that day I would be out in that right now, freezing cold.

I shudder at the thought.

I lay down on the soft bed and as I sink into the cool sheets I remember how lucky I really am as I fall asleep

Joe's Pov

I sat there watching a movie for a bit, towards the end I felt the presence of someone else in the room, it was Demi. She was standing at the door looking at the credits of the movie.

"Come in then" I chucked

She came in and sat in the same place that she had been sitting in before she went for her nap.

She yawned

"What were you watching?" she asked, pointing at the TV

"I was watching a movie" I replied

"I know that" she giggled "But which one?"

I picked up the box and showed her the movie title

"You'll have to let me watch this sometime, it looks good" she said

"Sure" I replied

I turned the TV from the DVD player setting to the normal TV setting and I turned on the music channel. I glanced over at Demi who was tapping her feet to the music. She looked up at me with a puzzled look and stopped tapping her feet for a second. But then she shook her head and continued watching the TV and tapping her feet along to the music.

Maybe there is more to Demi than I think?