She was really fun and I enjoyed listening to all the stories she told us about her when she was young and how she raised her kids. Her life was hard since she was a single mom with two children and no job. She’s really strong for being able to make it through all that.

After the visit, we went to a restaurant that had the best burgers I have ever tasted.

“This is so good!” I said as I took another bite of my cheeseburger.

“Agreed!” Emily said.

This restaurant needs to be bigger. It’s small with only a few tables but the food was extremely delicious. Apparently, the Walkers come here at least once a month because their burgers are awesome.

We arrived home at 4:15p.m. I really liked the Sundays with the Walkers because they are relaxing and entertaining. I find myself looking forward to the weekend just so I could spend Sunday with them.

That afternoon, we didn’t watch a movie; instead every person went to his room to relax. Chase went to the game room though and I thought that I’ll join him later.

Back in my room, I changed into sweat pants and a thin long sleeved white shirt. I sat on my bed and took out my sketch book. There was this image of a clear blue summer sky in my head and I found myself drawing it. The drawing didn’t take a lot of time but I had a lot of coloring to do since I added a bit of trees and flowers to it.

It was the first bright and colorful picture I have drawn since I got here. My drawings usually portray my feelings and thoughts and that drawing looked somehow serene. It looked kind of like what I was feeling. I was now used to the Walkers and I felt like a part of this family. Of course, I was still hurting and I was going through a tough time with Alex, but it was much better than the beginning.

I glanced at my watch when I finished my drawing and I was surprised at how fast the time passed. It was already 5:50p.m.

I put my sketch book back in its place and decided to go check if Chase was still in the game room. I stretched and walked out of my room.

Surprisingly, Chase was still there playing video games.

“Hey,” he said, glancing at me for one second before going back to his game.

“Hey,” I replied as I sat next to him and just watched him play.

“So what’s up?” He said a few minutes later and he set down the controller.

“Give me the controller,” I said “I want to play.”

“Not before you tell me what you’re hiding,” he said and my eyes widened slightly. My first thought was that Emily said something.

“What do you mean?” I asked, giving myself a mental pat on the back when my voice came out casual.