Chapter 33

The Tables Have Turned

Chapter 33

I have a math test on Wednesday. That’s tomorrow and I just found out about it now.

I’m going to fail.

“Why didn’t anyone tell me?!” I yelled at Paul and Chase.

“We thought you knew,” Paul said, amused by the whole thing. He was amused while I panicked because I probably won’t get a two-digit number grade on that test. I don’t know anything!

“Calm down, Hailey,” Chase said. “Alex will help you tonight.”

“I can’t tonight except from six till eight,” Alex said.

Speak of the devil was my first thought when Alex appeared out of nowhere then his words registered in my head and my eyes widened.

“What?! Two hours isn’t enough!” I said. “I don’t know anything!”

He shrugged. “You’ll study on your own.”

“But I can’t,” I said, pouting. I can’t understand anything if Alex doesn’t explain to me and I’ll admit that we weren’t really focusing on the tutoring part when he used to come over before the breakup and after the breakup, he barely came twice.

“Sure you can!” Chase encouraged me.

“I need Alex,” I said. Well, I need his brain…

Chase smirked and Paul said, “You need me. I’m the boyfriend here.”

“Shut up, idiot,” I told him, slapping the back of his head. “I’m going to fail and that’s what you’re thinking about?”

The three guys looked amused while I panicked. I can’t fail that test! After the 80/100 I got on the previous one, I’d like to keep my scores that way.

I sighed as I thought of the jumble of numbers and letters on my math copybook. None of them made sense to me.

I guess I’ll have to wait for Alex to come by and explain everything in these two hours then I’ll study for the rest of the night.

There’s no sleeping tonight, I thought to myself.

After school, I went to my room and tried to understand what was written on my copybook but it just didn’t make sense!

I couldn’t understand anything so at 4:00p.m, I gave up. I had two hours to kill and I knew what I wanted to do. I wanted to paint.

An image of my parents has been in my mind for a few days and I wanted to paint it on one of my big white canvases.