Chapter 6

The Tables Have Turned

Chapter 6

Chase and Emily woke me up at 9:30a.m on Sunday in a very original way. I felt someone poke my nose but I ignored it then they continued poking my face till I opened my eyelids. I let out a squeaky scream when I saw their faces above mine staring at me.

“What the hell?” I said, scowling at the siblings.

“Oh good, you’re awake,” Emily said, shooting me a smirk.

“It was kind of hard to stay asleep with you two poking my face!” I said matter-of-factly.

“You have to wake up anyway,” Chase said “We should be in church in an hour.”

“Okay,” I said, sitting up in my bed “At what time are we leaving?”

“Around 10:15,” he replied and I nodded, ignoring that fact that my hair was probably sticking out in every direction “But first we’ll have breakfast together.”

“Okay, let’s go,” I said as I got out of bed and followed them downstairs to the kitchen where Clarissa and Tom were already seated, waiting for us.

We said our ‘good mornings’ and then started eating.

“Every Sunday,” Clarissa started telling me the schedule “We go to church from 10:30 till 11:30 then we visit Tom’s mother, and after that we go out for lunch before coming back home.”

“Okay, cool,” I said, thinking how cute their Sundays were. It’s nice to have such a nice family. Of course they fight sometimes and they all have their flaws but in the end, they love each other.

After breakfast, each person went to his room and we got dressed. I put on my black pants and my light blue V-neck shirt. I brushed my hair and was done right on time.

We all got in Tom’s car and I tried to memorize the road that lead to the church. I’m really bad with directions so I knew I won’t be able to memorize it from the first time but I tried anyway.

Soon, we arrived to a beautiful church. It was really big and the brick walls on the outside were gray but there were several huge glass windows with different pictures painted on them. I noticed the picture of Jesus with Mary and Joseph when he was first born, but the prettiest one of them was the one with Jesus on the cross. It made me gasp and Emily gave me a knowing look.

The inside was even more beautiful than the outside! There were a lot of wooden benches on the right and left side of the church and in the middle was a dark red carpet. Pictures of saints were on every wall of the church. There were a lot of people already there even though the ceremony hadn’t started yet. We sat on the seventh bench from the front and waited patiently for the priest to start with the holy ceremony.

An hour later, we were standing in front of the church, greeting some people the Walkers knew. I have to say, that was the most beautiful ceremony I have ever attended. The choir was amazing and the priest is great! Even the people were friendly!