Chapter 25

The Tables Have Turned

Chapter 25

“Hailey Tucker, you’re spending this Saturday with me,” Paul said when the first period on Friday was over.

I chuckled and nodded. I actually wanted to spend a whole day with Paul. I haven’t had a fun day with him in a long time!

“No she’s not,” Alex said, scowling at Paul.

“Stop being so jealous, Alex,” I said, rolling my eyes at him. “I’m spending Saturday with Paul.”

“You should spend it with me! I’m your boyfriend, not him,” Alex said, crossing his arms over his chest.

“But Paul is my best friend! Besides, you know what they say: Chicks over D*cks,” I said and Alex burst out laughing.

“Hey!” Paul said, offended. “I am not a chick!”

I laughed at him and he just glared at me. I then gave him a hug as he grumbled under his breath.

“Sorry,” I told him, still laughing.

“Apology not accepted!” He said, crossing his arms over his chest. I pouted and he shook his head.

“Please?” I asked.

“Not unless you say that I am the manliest man in the world,” he said.

“I’m not going to lie!” I said, gasping.

“Are you implying that I’m not manly?” he asked.

I bit my bottom lip to stop my smile and replied, “Maybe.”

He growled and pushed me back, pinning me against the wall with my hands above my head.

“Okay, okay,” I said, laughing at him. I saw Alex glaring at his friend angrily.

“Say it,” he ordered and I rolled my eyes at him.

“You are the manliest man in the world,” I said and he let go of me, smiling victoriously.

“Touch her again and I’ll get rid of the only thing that proves you’re a man,” Alex said and I burst out laughing.

Paul laughed as well and Alex just looked annoyed. We stopped laughing after a few minutes then we looked at each other and started laughing again.

The teacher then came in and started a new period.

The rest of the day passed in a blur and soon, Chase, Emily and I were driving home.