Chapter 34

The Tables Have Turned

Chapter 34

Don’t panic, don’t panic, I kept on chanting in my head as Mr. Jack started giving out the papers.  I saw the small smirk on his face as he gave out the papers very slowly. He knew that most of the class was having panic attacks and he’s doing this on purpose!

“Mr. Jack!” I yelled and he looked at me with a mixture of surprise and innocence. “Faster!”

Everyone snickered and Mr. Jack gave me an amused smile. “Now, Hailey, I don’t think this is something appropriate to say in class, so please watch your language next time or I might have to send you to the principal’s office.”

I gasped, shocked that he replied that way. When I met his eyes, I blushed and ducked my head, avoiding the laughs and amused looks. Talk about embarrassing! How did I manage to get myself into that situation?!

When Mr. Jack gave me my paper, his smirk widened and his eyes sparkled with amusement. I blushed again and busied myself with the test.

It took me a few minutes to start concentrating on the test and I noticed that it wasn’t as easy as the first one.

I knew some parts whereas some others confused me. It was like I haven’t even seen some of this stuff in my life.

When the time was up, we all handed in our papers. I was relieved that it was over but slightly disappointed that I didn’t do as well as in the first test.

“It was hard,” I whined when I got back to my seat.

Alex, Paul, and Chase smirked at the same time and I felt myself blushing again.

“Didn’t think you were that kind of girl, Hailey,” I heard Mr. Jack call out. I spun around and found him smirking at me. Before I could even reply, he left the classroom. Why was he being such a pervert today?

“What’s wrong with him?” I grumbled, trying to get rid of the blush.

The guys laughed at me and I scowled.

“It’s okay, Hailey, no need to be shy. I know your ‘bad’ side,” Paul said, smirking evilly.

“Okay, too much information!” Chase said loudly and then he left to where Mariah was standing with a few girls.

Paul smirked and I suppressed my own smirk because Chase knew that our relationship was fake but he always acted as if it wasn’t.

When my eyes met Paul’s blue ones, he waggled his eyebrows suggestively and I smacked his arm.

“Stop it, you pervert!” I ordered him.

He chuckled then moved his lips to my ear and whispered, “I’m enjoying Alex’s reaction.”