For All You Lovely Readers

Hello everyone! Orla here.

I know most of you may be sad that "Daughter of Beorn" has temporarily come to a close, but fear not. I have news that may bring a smile to your face. First though, I'll be answering a few questions, revealing hidden easter-eggs, and telling you random facts.

- Who exactly WAS Mithren, and what exactly did she represent?

When I first created her, I wasn't too sure on what she was supposed to be. Part of me always wanted to create a "comic relief" for the story, and that was one of her roles. (So much for that though... she ended up dying!) However, she did represent both Mira's/Ryovn's spirits. For Ryovn, she possessed that nagging, nit-picky quality that all mothers have from time-to-time. As for Mira, she was always by Kyja's side which represented a part of our beloved skin-changer that will always remain. Some of you may think: "But Mithren's dead! Does this mean...." I don't know. You'll have to find out :)

- What is the correlation between Baratinu and Smaug?

Alright, I can't tell you EVERYTHING about this. I can only say that the actual sword itself was not made BY Smaug. Okay: you know the place where Smaug got shot? Where a scale was shot loose? *audience nods* Baratinu was made from Smaug's scale. (Alright, I basically just told you everything. Oh well.)

- Was Kyja always meant to be a panther?

That's a good question. I knew that I didn't want her to be a wolf, because those are EXTREMELY overdone. But I felt that a bear wouldn't have been a good match either. Are their personalities alike? Yes. However, the reason I chose a panther is quite in-depth. If you closely examine a panther, you can still see the faint leopard prints. It's the same with Kyja. If you dug deep enough you could see all the pain and suffering she has gone through- even though she covers it. Also, panthers are fierce but somewhat elusive, just like Kyja.

- How long did you take to prepare for "Daughter of Beorn?"

Well, I actually came up with the idea about 2 months after I first joined Wattpad. At the time I didn't know what the heck I was doing, and I only had 20 or so followers. I then started working on character backgrounds, reactions, dialogue and more, which overall took about a month. Afterwards I began to draft a few of the chapters along with a timeline of all the events. Adding all of the time together, I would say I spent about 5 months planning for this fanfiction.

~ Easter Eggs ~

I made Mithren the color gray because Mira's eyes were gray.

Novalee was the name of an old woman in a fantasy novel I was writing last year.

(Those are all the ones for now. Sorry guys!)

~ Random Facts ~

' At one point in the story I did consider quitting. (Oh, the horror!)

' I am known for not making happy endings. Will this be the same in "Daughter of Beorn?"

' Originally I was considering the "love-interest" to be Dwalin or Thorin, but after close character observation I went with Fili- because he is someone who could fully understand her. Keep in mind though, not all feelings are reciprocated....

' One time I came up with this idea where Kyja found her child somewhere in Laketown, but I decided against it. Too many emotions....

Alright- I just want to thank each and every one of you for the support and positive comments. If I could thank you in person, I would. :)

Anyhoo, I want to take a moment and say how special Kyja has become to me- as crazy as that sounds. I can't help but love her- after all, she has my temper -and it's as if she has become a part of me.

~ Orla