A Change of Plans

Hello readers!

I'm afraid I've got some sad news. This is the second to last chapter before this book is put on hold.

Don't panic though! This book will only be on hold until I can get a transcript for "There and Back Again." The story isn't fully done, I assure you.

In the meantime, I hope you enjoy what you have left!

Also, for those of you who entered in your OC for my competition- don't worry, I haven't forgotten about you! But I will not be including your character until the third portion of this fanfiction.

Lastly, this is back in Kyja's point of view. Thanks again!

==========================================================

~ Kyja's POV ~

"Kyja? Wake up dear. It's morning."

Groaning softly, I opened my eyes to see Novalee standing at the door with a pile of clothes in hand. "Where are the dwarves?" I asked.

"They are back at Bard's home."

"And the Master?"

Novalee chuckled and sat on the edge of the bed. "The man has some bruises and a few cuts. I bet he feels worse than he looks. You're quite lucky you didn't kill him."

"You know I would have if the dwarves had not come."

"Yes, I do know. In all honesty, I'd pay good money to see that man dead. But that time is not now." As she handed me the bundle of clothing, I heard a small pecking noise near the window. "Come out when you're ready and I'll give you breakfast." Novalee added.

Once she left, I strided over to the opposite side of the room and spotted Mithren repeatedly tapping the glass. Need something? I asked sarcastically.

Just let me in already!

Snickering, I cracked open the window and Mithren fluttered inside. And where exactly have you been? Care to explain?

If you must know, I took a small trip somewhere.

Oh really? Where?

I simply wanted to visit Mirkwood again.

Mirkwood?!

No, I flew back to the Shire in the timespan of a few hours! Yes Mirkwood, you halfwit. And I must say, I overheard some intriguing information.

Rolling my eyes, I ordered her to face in the opposite direction as I slipped off my shirt. Oh my! Do tell.

~ Flashback: Mithren's POV ~

Settling myself on a nearby branch, I caught side of the red-haired elf gazing towards Laketown. All of a sudden Prince Legolas approached her with his bow drawn. She whipped her head around with an arrow nocked to her bow.

"Ingannen le Orch." Tauriel exclaimed.

"Cí Orch im, dangen le." Legolas retorted.

Both of them lowered their bows, and I let out a low-pitched whistle in relief. Part of me was grateful I knew Sindarin. If she wouldn't have taught me, I wouldn't have been able to understand these two elves.

"Tauriel, you cannot hunt thirty orcs on your own."

"But I'm not on my own."

"You knew I would come." Legolas smiled. His expression then darkened, and I ruffled my feathers. "The king is angry, Tauriel. For 600 years, my father has protected you, favored you. You defied his orders; you betrayed his trust. Dandolo na nin...e gohenatha."