Escaping Goblin-Town

"Bones will be shattered, necks will be wrung! You'll be beaten and battered, from racks you'll be hung. You will lie down here and never be found, down in the deep of Goblin-town!" The Great Goblin sang, dancing about clumsily.

It was quite an amusing sight, and I would have laughed if it wasn't for my current emotional instability. I watched several goblins carry instruments of torture on their backs, and I shuddered.

One of the goblins crept near our pile of weapons, examining them closely. It snatched Thorin's sword, Orcrist, and unsheathed it a few inches. I smirked, already predicting how it would react.

Dropping the sword in horror, the creature howled. Many other goblins retreated in fear and disgust, and I chuckled softly.

"I know that sword! It is the Goblin-Cleaver, the Biter, the blade that sliced a thousand necks." The Great Goblin cried, scampering back to his throne.

The other goblins screeched as they whipped the dwarves and leapt upon them, biting and snarling furiously. Surprisingly, none of them came towards me.

"Slash them! Beat them! Kill them! Kill them all! Cut off his head!"

One goblin held Thorin down as he prepared to behead him. Without even thinking, I jumped forward and tackled the goblin, stabbing it with its own weapon.

All of a sudden a blinding light shone from the distance, and the ground shook violently. Everyone was thrown to the ground as a few goblins flew through the air.

Once everything became still, I attempted to stand up. Thorin held out his hand, and I took it reluctantly. "Thanks." I muttered. He nodded politely, and gestured towards the light.

Gandalf the Grey stood in the opening, Glamdring in hand. We all stared at him in shock.

"Take up arms. Fight. Fight!" He cried. I laughed, ignoring the immense pain in my chest. Grabbing Baratinu, I swung around and thrust it directly into the chest of a nearby goblin.

"He wields the Foe-Hammer, the Beater, bright as daylight!" The Great Goblin yelled. I tossed some of the dwarves' weapons towards them whilst avoiding the arrows being shot my way.

Nori then tripped in the midst of fighting, and I couldn't will my body to move as the Great Goblin ran forward holding a large mace.

"Nori!"

Thorin jumped forward and deflected the blow, sending the Great Goblin over the edge of the platform. Well- so much for wanting to kill the fat oaf.

"Follow me. Quick! Run!" Gandalf demanded. I sprinted after him, slaying any goblins in my path.

All of us ran through multiple suspended passageways with the goblins not too far behind.

"Quickly!"

"Faster!"

Spotting a hoard of goblins ahead of us, I scan my surroundings for anything to stop them. "Post!" I cried. A few dwarves cut a guardrail post from the side of the path and hold it in front of them like a massive spear.

"Charge!" Dwalin cried. Gripping the post, we ran forward knocking several goblins off of the edge. I immediately dropped it and start attacking fiercely.

I slid Baratinu across a goblin's throat, and some dark-colored blood spurted out of the wound. I wiped it off of my face and turned around at the sound of Thorin's voice.

"Cut the ropes!" He demanded. Some of the dwarves cut the ropes holding a platform in place, causing it to fall outward and kill a group of goblins.