Leaving the Woodland Realm

Please take note that since Kyja is a skin-changer, she is quite agile, like an elf. Panthers are typically pretty nimble as well.

Enjoy!

==========================================================

"Everyone, climb into the barrels, quickly!" Bilbo hissed. After releasing us from our cells, the young hobbit took us down into the cellar, where we were greeted witth the sight of several barrels.

What exactly was Bilbo thinking? Would his plan work? Apparently Dwalin was having the same thoughts as he adressed the halfling.

"Are you mad?! They'll find us!"

"No, no they won't, I promise you." Bilbo insisted. "Please, please, you must trust me!"

The dwarves stood there muttering to each other- what a surprise. I glanced at Thorin and raised my eyebrows. "Do something." I mouthed to him.

"Do as he says."

Each of them climbed into their own barrel. At first, I couldn't find one until Ori gestured to a barrel next to him.

"Thanks." I smiled, crawling into the tight space. Bilbo paced back and forth as he took count of all the dwarves.

"What do we do now?" Bofur asked. Each of us stuck our head out of the barrels we occupied and stared curiously at Bilbo.

"Hold your breath."

"Hold my breath? What do you mean?"

Well, we soon found out.

All of a sudden the floor began to tip sideways and we each rolled off the platform. My heart stopped as we then fell several feet into the river.

I emerged from the barrel and spit some water out of my mouth. Glancing at the company, I noticed that Bilbo was missing.

"Is Bilbo still up there?" I asked the group. A few of them shrugged while the others were still recovering from the fall.

"I don't know. But I have a question for you." Bofur inquired.

"And what would that be?"

"Where did that fair-haired elf take you? What happened?"

My jaw tightened as Fili shot me a concerned glare. "Now is not the time nor the place. Besides, it's not important." I muttered.

Bilbo then splashed into the river, surfacing a few moments later. He desperately grabbed onto Nori's barrel and caught his breath.

"Well done, Master Baggins." Thorin said.

Bilbo waved his hand weakly in thanks and managed to splutter out one word: "Go."

"Come on, let's go."

We began to paddle with our hands down the river. As I did so, I noticed multiple elves rush along passages in the trees.

I was about to say something, but the waterfall in front of us stopped me mid-sentence.

"Hold on!" Thorin cried. I held my breath as we crashed into the rapids. Soon enough we were floating through the calmer portion of the river, when Legolas and a hoard of other elves spotted us.

You've got to be joking.

"Holo in-annon!" The elven prince bellowed. Another elf blew some sort of horn, and another pulled a lever near the gate. This resulted in the river being blocked.

"No!" Thorin yelled. Barrel by barrel piled into one another, and amidst the curses of the dwarves, I spotted Zylondír watching us all sympathetically.