(Epilogue Pt. 2) To Be Mine

(Yes, I'm aware of how long this update is, but it's worth it.)

Four hours before the wedding

"Ooh! Come along now, we must get you ready for your big day!" Ella giggled, quickly ushering me into the bed chambers that would act as the preparation room. She was the maid that had been assigned to me not long after moving into Erebor. Ella stood at a tiny 4'11, was 22 years old, and had a head of corkscrew brown curls and brown eyes. For a woman as petite as her, she possessed an incredible amount of energy and exuberance for life.

To be truthful, I was grateful for our vastly different contrast in personalities... although our conversation had consisted of nothing but the wedding since Fili and I's engagement was announced three and a half months ago. I couldn't blame her. "Ella, you do know that we have four hours before the wedding- right?" I chuckled.

She teasingly shrugged her shoulders before beaming happily. "Of course!" She chirped. "That's four hours to do your hair, jewelry, the dress, the shoes, perfume- not to mention help out with the other women! But I'll manage! Not to worry, Miss Kyja- I promise that your special day will go wonderfully!"

I shook my head and chuckled. "Thank you... and you can just call me Kyja." My expression then softened, and I looked into her eyes. "I don't want you to become anxious over everything that needs to be done. Besides- it's just a wedding ceremony- not a king's coronation. Also- how much sleep did you get last night?"

Ella's eyes sparkled as she dismissively waved her hand. "Not to worry! Miss- I mean, Kyja, I take pleasure in being as busy as a bee! And I got a whole three hours of sleep!"

Before she could continue, the door to the washroom flew open, and out walked a completely naked Dramona. I lifted an eyebrow. "Your dress looks absolutely stunning. Wherever did you get it?" I snickered as Ella quickly covered her mouth to stifle a laugh.

The dwarf placed her hands on her hips with no sign of embarrassment, a hint of a smirk on her face. "Oh shut it. I haven't even bloody tried it on yet! I can't figg'er out how ta weah the corset!"

I exchanged an amused glance with Ella, then proceeding to meet Dramona's gaze. "Don't get your pantaloons in a twist, Dramona. Just go out there stark naked when the time comes. I'm sure all of the guests would love it."

"I just heard the words 'stark naked', and I'm unable to discern what exactly the conversation could be about." Novalee said upon entering the room. She looked at all of us with a serious expression before a laugh managed to escape her lips. "Is the corset giving you trouble, dear?"

Dramona sighed in defeat and nodded. "Yes. It's the reason why I'm standin' ere wih'out any clothes on."

Novalee offered a kind smile and awkwardly patted the dwarf's shoulder, in the way that a caring grandmother does. "No worries. I'll help you- because we certainly can't have any naked members of the wedding party!" I smirked, knowing full well that even someone as boisterous as Dramona couldn't withhold an argument with my grandmother. As they disappeared into the washroom, I turned back to face the mirror in front of me. I am going to be a bride, I thought. I could still hardly believe it. Nonetheless, today was the day. As Ella began to pull out various 'tools of preparation', I couldn't help but wonder how Fili and the other men were doing.

~ Fili's POV ~

"Another drink!" Gloin exclaimed, holding up a pint of mead that he had snatched from somewhere. All of the dwarves in the Company were gathered in one room, a good portion of them talking excitedly amongst one another. A wedding was a joyous occasion, after all- however, I was having a concoction of various emotions.