Confronting Elves

For those of you who are writing a Thranduil love story, you may or may not find this chapter offensive. Let's just say I got more in touch with his "cold side." You'll see why.

==========================================================

Out of the blue a female elf leapt into the scene, killing three spiders simultaneously. I watched in awe as she shot a bow in one of the creatures' heads.

"Throw me your dagger, quick!" Kili exclaimed. Tauriel glared at him whilst stabbing another spider.

"If you think I'm giving you a weapon, dwarf, you're mistaken!" With that she threw the knife directly into the spider behind him.

Legolas returned his gaze to me before commanding his guards to search the dwarves. He waltzed over to Gloin and pulled a picture frame out of his pocket.

"Hey! Give it back! That's private!" Gloin sputtered. Legolas opened it and looked at a picture of a dwarf.

"Who is this? Your brother?"

"That is my wife!"

"And what is this horrid creature? A goblin mutant?"

"That's my wee lad, Gimli."

Legolas raised his eyebrow in contempt and I growled soflty. Who did he think he was? Sure, I suppose all people had egos, but elves seemed to be the most pompous of them all. As I was thinking of ways to beat the elven prince within an inch of his life, male guard walked up to me and glanced at my sword.

He had quite an unusual appearance for an elf. His white hair was cropped short and his pale green eyes bored into mine.

Rolling my eyes, I handed him Baratinu. Once his hands made contact with it, he gasped in surprise and dropped the weapon.

That's when I saw his hands had been burned. My mouth fell open as I picked Baratinu off of the ground. "Amin hiraetha." I said.

The guard just glared at me before skulking away. Kyja, what was that? Mithren asked.

I have no idea. I responded. That has never happened before. I wasn't lying, either. It was the first time I'd ever seen Baratinu do something like that to another person. Was the sword enchanted?

"Gyrth in yngyl bain?" Legolas asked Tauriel.

"Ennorner gwanod in yngyl na nyryn. Engain nar." She replied.

A guard then handed Legolas Thorin's sword, Orcrist. He inspected it carefully before adressing all of us.

"Echannah i vegil hen vin Gondolin. Magnannen nan Gelydh. Where did you get this?" He asked.

"It was given to me." Thorin replied. Legolas pointed the sword at him and smirked.

"Not just a thief, but a liar as well. Enwenno hain!" He commanded.

The elves then led us away to Mirkwood. Tauriel walked beside me and I clenched my fists. Why must my personal space constantly be invaded?

"So, what are you? You certainly don't resemble a dwarf." She murmured. I laughed and tucked a strand of hair behind my ear.

"No, I am not a dwarf. I am a skin-changer, one of the last ones on Middle Earth." I said.

Tauriel's face was absolutely priceless. She didn't say anything else as she caught up with Legolas. So much for attempting to be friendly.

"This is not the end of it! You hear me?"

"Let us out of here!"

"Get off me!"