Shifting Eternity (Part 1)

~ The following takes place approximately an hour and a half after the start of the battle. ~

A blood-curdling scream erupted from the Orc's mouth as I thrust Baratinu into the creature's stomach, dousing its armor and my sword in fresh blood. "Good riddance." I snarled before yanking Baratinu out of his flesh and kicking the Orc to the ground. Hearing a loud growl from behind me, I slammed the hilt of my sword into the groin of another Orc. I gasped in mock sympathy and prepared to end the monster's life- that is, until a nearby elf fired an arrow into its head.

I whirled around and shot a brief glare to the elf in question. "Hey! Next time, find your own enemy to kill!" The elf made no remark. Instead, he simply turned and began firing away arrows once more. Prick.

Thanks to the elf, I had been taken off-guard for just a moment, causing my attention to falter and giving a taller, much heavier Orc the chance to tackle me to the ground. His actions didn't make any sense- why tackle me when he could have just used a sword? I knew that Orcs were known for their brawn and not their brains, however.... Reality kicked in as my back hit the soil with a thud, and I growled as he bared his disfigured, yellow teeth inches away from my face. Although I was strong, this bastard had a ton of weight that was holding me down. Not to mention he was digging his nails into my wrists, and I could feel a bit of blood trickling down my arm. Seconds turned into minutes as the screams of nearby warriors echoed in my ears- and as I blinked for just a moment, I saw the Master of Laketown leaning over me with the same malicious grin.

No. I wasn't living in that hell any longer.

Although the Orc had my wrists pinned to the ground within his meaty hands, my legs and lower torso were somewhat free. I took this opportunity to wrap my legs around his waist and hoist myself up. While doing this, I grew my teeth out to where they had become fangs, and without a single ounce of hesitation, I sank them right into the flesh of his neck.

Blood immediately gushed out of the puncture wound, spilling down his upper chest and into my mouth. It had a bit of a sour taste to it, which nearly made me recoil. By this time the Orc had roared in pain, having released my hands from his grip. He grabbed one of my shoulders and attempted to push me flat against the ground... and I let him.

What this imbecile didn't take into account was that my teeth were still firmly implanted in his flesh- so when he pushed me down, I tore a large portion of skin and muscle from the side of his neck in the process. This caused yet another pain-filled cry to escape his lips, and I took the opportunity to crawl backwards just far enough to grab Baratinu, which had been knocked out of my hands only moments before.

I stumbled to my feet and flashed a smile to the Orc, who was attempting to stop the bleeding with one hand while gripping his weapon with the other.

Slice.

I attempted to steady my breath as his fresh corpse slipped to the ground, and I looked over at Dramona- who appeared to be beating every living thing near her to a pulp. She momentarily looked up at me, and through the chaos of battle, yelled: "What's the mattah? Ye gettin' tired already?"

I snorted in laughter as I moved left to avoid a blow from some sort of demented-looking goblin before easily slicing the fool's stomach open. "You'd wish that was the case, Carrot-Head!" Although I hadn't grown tired yet, I'd certainly gained a couple of battle scars from the various exchanges. The bodysuit Gandalf had given me did certainly not act as armor- but in regards to transforming? It simply felt like another layer of skin.