Acknowledged Threats

I refused to stand near him. Dramona couldn't even be in the same tent as him.

Whose bright idea was it to invite the pathetic elven scum of a king to be here? I continued to glare at Thranduil, not daring to remove my gaze. We were not in Mirkwood any longer. I was not about to be intimidated by this blond bastard. Not now. Not ever. The elf cocked an eyebrow when he caught onto my glare- and this made me bare my teeth in an effort to show he was one move away from having his throat ripped out.

"Both of you, enough!" Gandalf said sternly. "You are not children. You must set aside your petty grievances with one another, as well as the dwarves." He straightened up and became serious, directing his gaze towards Bard as well. "War is coming. The cesspits of Dol Guldur have been emptied! You're all in mortal danger!"

"What are you talking about?" Bard asked.

Thranduil shifted his weight and adjusted one of the many rings on his left hand. "I can see you know nothing of wizards. They are like winter thunder on a wild wind rolling in from a distance, breaking hard in alarm. But sometimes a storm is just a storm."

"And sometimes an Elven King is just an overtly masculine girl who loves to play dress-up." I hissed, earning another glare from Gandalf. This was yet another example of how I could not control myself- but around Thranduil? How could anyone control their temper around such a pompous imbecile?

The wizard released a sigh and continued speaking. "Not this time. Armies of orcs are on the move. And these are fighters! They have been bred for war. Our enemy has summoned his full strength."

As everyone continued speaking with one another, my eyebrows furrowed upon picking up a trace of a familiar scent. It wasn't a strong lead, but I could've sworn I knew who it belonged to. I scanned the tent and the entrances for a sign of anyone, or anything. My focus shifted when Thranduil, Gandalf, and Bard made their way out of the tent and towards the cliff side.

I decided to leave them be and go off on my own. "Is it over yet?" Dramona asked, once I exited the tent.

I shook my head and released a breath. "No. They moved their conversation elsewhere and I did not feel like staying." The hair on my arms stood up when a cold breeze blew through the town. I folded my arms, watching as the billowing air from people's exhales faded out into the crisp surroundings. My gaze swept over the fields and eventually towards the mountain, where the dwarves were. I couldn't help but think of my beloved Fili. I never thought I would be capable of loving another person after Mira... but he proved me wrong.

"Then... what do we do now?" The female dwarf replied.

I opened my mouth to speak before shaking my head. "Actually, I did notice something unusual. I picked up a scent while they were speaking. An extremely familiar scent- don't give me that look, carrot-head. I wish I knew who or what it belonged to."

Dramona lifted an eyebrow in reply. "Well, thar's only one way to find out, aye? Follow it!"

Nevertheless, our plans were foiled when a certain wizard stormed in our direction. There was a dangerous spark in his eyes- implying that the meeting had not gone particularly well. I knew I shouldn't have bothered to ask, but I did anyway. "How did it go?"

Gandalf came to a stop in front of us, his right hand firmly gripping the staff he always carried. "Thranduil refuses to listen. He is insistent upon receiving his share of the treasure within the mountain. Only Bard has acknowledged the threat of Azog and his army. They will be upon us any moment."

The corners of my lips turned into a scowl. What a surprise, Thranduil was unwilling to negotiate. "Then what do you suggest we do?"

Shifting his weight, the wizard directed his gaze towards Dramona. "You need to return to your father. I assume he is headed in this direction regardless, if Thorin has requested his company... warn him of the dangers ahead."

Dramona nodded as she flipped the war hammer over her shoulder. "I will. And we're not gonna go down without a fight either!" She paused slightly before looking up at me. "Don't get yerself killed out there."

I nodded my head as she walked off. Did Dramona know where the exit was? She would find it, there was no worry. "And as for you," Gandalf continued, "I have brought something that may help you."

My eyebrows knit in confusion as a brown parcel was placed in my hands. Upon tearing open the paper, I saw that inside was a folded item of clothing. It was long and black... I was unsure of its identity. "Gandalf... what is this?" He coaxed me further into unraveling the gift. The cloth itself was form-fitting, but it stretched when I tugged at one of the ends with my fingers. Now I could see. It was similar to a suit of armor- a bodysuit.

"Radagast helped to create this." He explained. "It is a suit of armor, Kyja. Armor that is enchanted by magic, and when you transform- it will transform with you. This material turns into fur when you become a panther, and returns to its natural state when you are done. It does not offer physical protection, exactly... but it will help you greatly."

Stunned, I shook my head. "No, I... this changes everything. I'll be able to transform easier without the worry of not having clothes. Not that I cared about being naked particularly. Thank you." Gandalf cracked a smile.

"There is no need to thank me, Kyja. We have a dangerous series of events taking place." He replied. Expression hardening, the wizard released a breath. "You may... change into that. Return and meet me at the gates of Erebor. We have talking to do." Strangely enough, he grew a bit stern when Bard walked in our direction. "Bowman! Do you agree with this? Is gold so important to you? Would you buy it with the blood of dwarves?"

"It will not come to that." Bard replied, visibly tired. "This is a fight they cannot win."

What happened next could only be described as shocking. Out of nowhere, Bilbo appeared at my left side. "That won't stop them. You think the dwarves will surrender- they won't. They will fight to the death to defend their own."

What the hell?

Laughing, Gandalf smiled down at the hobbit that he- and myself- were fond of. "Bilbo Baggins!"

======================

3 days from moving into my dorm and I'm on the verge of insanity.... Dang.

Anywho! We're approaching the end! This is the bodysuit that Kyja wears. I spent 15 minutes navigating Google Images trying to find one that didn't scream: "Take Me To Bed." This was the most modest one I found. Here it is:

 Here it is:

~ Orla