Reunited

I could hardly believe what I was seeing. After all this time, my eyes were able to behold the one figure who played such a fatherly role in my life. "Radagast!" I exclaimed, embracing the wizard in a tight hug. The dwarves were probably taken off guard by my sudden display of affection- but I didn't care. For the very few individuals that I loved, I reserved the happy moments for them.

Radagast the Brown grinned warmly in return, a joyous chuckle escaping his lips. He managed to somewhat wrap his arms around me in an attempt to return the embrace. "Kyja! My, it is good to see you again, my girl! How have you been faring as of late?"

I gave him a reassuring smile. There was no need to go into detail about how I was truly feeling.... "Quite well my friend, just bearing the same tedious difficulties of living in Middle Earth. Sebastian- is he doing well?"

Radagast's face immediately sobered, and my expression softened. "That's just what I came to talk to Gandalf about. Something's... wrong with the forest."

I ran my fingers through my hair before sighing. "Radagast, please explain. What's wrong with the forest?"

My eyebrows furrowed when the Brown wizard shifted his weight impatiently. He looked a bit flustered. "The Greenwood is sick, Kyja! A-A darkness has fallen over it. Nothing grows any more, at least nothing good. The air is foul with decay. But worst are the webs."

Gandalf then came forth with a contemplative look on his face. The wizard seemed quite troubled. "Webs? What do you mean?" He demanded. I stepped away from the two of them, knowing better than to interrupt a conversation involving wizards.

Instead, I stood next to the dwarves and watched the two converse amongst one another. It was actually wonderful to see Radagast again, considering I spent most of my childhood years growing up with him. He was the one that had taught me everything there was to know about the forest. What berries were safe to eat, what plants could be used for healing properties, and more.

At the time, which was... years ago, Gandalf couldn't care for me and he knew it would not be a wise idea to take me to the elves. Goodness, I couldn't imagine myself being so... refined. He also decided that I wouldn't be a good fit with the dwarves either. They didn't exactly have the best history with the skin changers.

Long story short, I ended up living with Radagast for quite a number of years. Thanks to him, my childhood was not a disaster. I grew up among the animals and the trees, secluded from most human beings. It was only until I became an adult did I leave Radagast and set off on the path towards my destiny.

When people would ask me who my father was, I would say Beorn, and watch their expressions turn to ones of fear. Even though I chose to identify Beorn as my father, I will always identify Radagast as the one who raised me throughout my early years. Without him, I... I'm not sure if I would still be alive.

~ Flashback ~

"You can't catch me!" I giggled, sprinting through the forest in my bare feet. From what I could hear, the creatures were not far behind. "Come on, catch me!" Suddenly something leapt onto my back, and I fell to the ground with an 'Oomph!'

"Aww, not fair!" I exclaimed, my voice muffled by the pile of rabbits on top of my body. Once I sat up, all of them stared at me eagerly. Their ears flicked to and fro like blades of grass in the wind, and I couldn't help but watch their little pink noses twitch excitedly. "Fine." I smiled, as I pulled the small sack of carrots out of my pocket. "But you all promise to share?"

They nodded as I fed them each a single carrot. I sat on the ground, softly petting a few of the animals by my side. The only other noise I could hear besides their constant crunching was the sound of the breeze as it whistled through the branches. "Hmm.... I still have to come up with names for all of you." I whispered.

So far I had only chosen three names I really liked: Rili, Tygon, and Plensu. There were still others that were nameless, so I spent a while thinking about that until I was interrupted by the sound of feet.

"Kyja? Kyja oh there you are, my you had me worried, very worried!" Radagast babbled. All of the rabbits suddenly hopped off of me and scampered next to the wizard.

I quickly sat up and brushed the leaves out of my hair, stifling a giggle. I cocked my head to the side, completely oblivious to Radagast's words as I saw a flower on the ground I liked. I soon had pulled it out of the soil and tucked it behind my ear. I then looked up at him with my big green eyes. "Why were you worried?" I chirped. "I was jus' playing a game with the bunnies."

Radagast gently clutched my hand and looked at me with that same sweet look he always had. The wizard then released a breath and shook his head. "Never mind, my child. Let us go back home, hmm? I'm sure Sebastian is eager to see you!" The mention of Sebastian was enough to make me happy. I grinned and started running in the direction of the tree-shaped dwelling, the smell of rain and leaves perfuming the air.

~ End of Flashback ~

"Was that a wolf? Are there- are there wolves out there?" Bilbo stammered, his eyes widening.

I sniffed the air, and as soon as I did, the hairs on my arms stood up. A low growl escaped my lips as I protectively stood in front of the Company. "Wolves?" No... that is not a wolf." I replied. Without warning an enormous Warg leapt into the company, knocking over one of the dwarves. Thorin bravely swiped at the creature using Orcrist, and moments later its corpse fell to the ground.

Another Warg jumped out at the other side, and Kili shot it with an arrow. When it got back up, Dwalin attacked it with a startling amount of ferocity that it even took me off guard.

Thorin's eyes narrowed as he examined the scene. "Warg-Scouts! Which means an orc pack is not far behind."

"Orc-pack?" Bilbo said.

Gandalf stormed over to Thorin, his eyes glowering. Now there was absolutely no chance of the wizard being in a good mood. "Who did you tell about your quest, beyond your kin?"

"No one." The dwarf replied.

"Who did you tell?"

"No one, I swear. What in Durin's name is going on?"

"You are being hunted." I said. All of the dwarves stared at me anxiously, most of them gripping their weapons. Even Bilbo unsheathed his sword and gazed at the dead Wargs.

Dwalin shifted his weight, impatience creeping into his features. "We need to get out of here."

"But we can't!" Ori argued. "We have no ponies, they bolted!"

Radagast watched us all with a weary expression before standing up straight. "I'll draw them off." A nauseous sensation made itself known in the pit of my stomach as I watched him board his sleigh.

"These are Gundabad Wargs; they will outrun you." Gandalf argued. He locked eyes with the Brown wizard, but it was clear that Radagast wasn't about to change his mind. That's what I admired about him. He was undeniably kind and sweet- a little odd, perhaps- but when he had decided upon something, no forces on Middle Earth could change him.

"And these are Rhosgobel rabbits!" He retorted with a mischevious grin. "I'd like to see them try."

Chuckling quietly, I walked up to the sleigh and faced Radagast. "Until next time, my friend?" I murmured, holding back most of my tears. He laughed as if nothing was wrong and patted my shoulder. Why must he be so sweet?

"Until next time, Kyja! Remain strong, and I know we'll see each other again!" I smiled as he took off, the leaves scattering about in the sudden gust of wind.

I momentarily turned away from the Company to regain my composure. When I faced them again, my face was back to that of a stoic warrior. "Well? What are you all staring at?" I snapped. "Let's get a move on unless you want to become a Warg's midday meal!"

==========================================================

Yes! The mystery character was Radagast. I know, not a new character, but still- their relationship is quite sweet, don't you think? Well, I hoped you enjoyed reading it because I enjoyed writing it!

Thank you all for the support!