So, I graduated from high school last night.

Pretty crazy, huh?

I think I started writing this book maybe the end of my freshman year, beginning of sophomore, somewhere around there.

And I never thought it'd grow into what it is today. Over 200,000 reads?! That's insane, but in the good way! While writing DoB I also got to know some of you guys- the ones that keep this story alive. The readers.

So clap yourselves on the back, because your supportive comments as well as the continuation of Kyja's adventures is what kept me afloat, so to speak, during school.

Seriously though, thank you. Whether you're a silent reader that only votes on chapters, the reader that gets into logical debates regarding the plotline, the reader equipped with half a dozen emojis and a surplus of exclamation marks, or the reader that insists Thorin and Kyja are meant to be....

You still read the story. You voted. You commented. You supported Kyja for the troubled, seemingly bipolar, stubborn-headed egotistical skin-changer she is. That's meant a hell of a lot to me.

Now, back to graduating. I suppose I should write some lengthy speech and give you young grasshoppers some life advice. Well... I can't tell you much. But I will tell you this.

For those out there desiring to write and/or be published, never back down from your goals. That doesn't mean to become overly proud- no, in fact, stay humble. Don't be afraid to consult more experienced authors for help, follow author's blogs, take writing classes, brush up on the old grammar rules you haven't gone over since elementary school. Do what you can do to further your passion in life.

For me, that was writing this book. Although I do look back on "Friendliness in the Shire" and it makes me cringe, it demonstrates that just simply writing helps to improve your skills.

And with that being said-

Goodbye, high school.

Hello, college.

~ Orla