Old Enemies

My heart pounded as the bunch of us sprinted down the hillside. The Wargs followed closely behind, and one of them targeted Bilbo.

The young hobbit ducked behind a rock, avoiding the Warg's snapping jaws. He then held out his sword as the stupid creature ran right into the weapon.

I chuckled to myself as I followed Gandalf and the dwarves. Soon we reached an outcropping of land with only a few trees. There was no escape, unless falling a few thousand feet was strangely the answer.

"Up into the trees, all of you! Come on, climb! Bilbo, climb!" Gandalf cried. I leapt onto the nearest branch and watched the scene unfold.

Bifur threw an axe at a Warg who had approached him while Bofur jumped onto another tree using Dwalin's head as a stepping stone.

"They're coming!" Thorin bellowed. I braced myself, physically preparing for whatever danger was coming. If only I knew what exactly I was facing against.

Multiple Wargs and Orcs circled the trees where we were perched. All of a sudden they ceased their growling as they turned to face Him.

My heart stopped as I gaped at the sight before me. The Pale Orc still looked the same, except with a few scars that I had left all those years ago. I glanced over at Thorin who couldn't believe his eyes.

"Azog?!" He exclaimed.

As the White Warg growled, Azog stroked it and spoke ominously. "Nuzdigid? Nuzdi gast?" He asked. "Ganzilig-i unarug obod nauzdanish, Torin undag Train-ob."

Thorin's face displayed a look of pain and grief. "It cannot be." He murmured.

Azog's gaze then met mine, and he smirked. I glared at him as I hopped down from off of the tree. "Lozudurkh." I yelled. "Bidroi-izub!"

The creature simply laughed and sighed. "Glothrok!" He taunted. "Alai." I clenched my fists and thought of all the things I'd love to do to this imbecile.

"Kod, Toragid biriz." Azog thundered to his men. "Worori-da!" With that the Wargs came rushing forth. I stabbed one of them in the eye with Baratinu and then snapped the neck of its rider.

Some of the trees began to break, and the dwarves struggled to hold on. I managed to kill a few of the Wargs tearing down the trees, but it wasn't enough to stop them.

"Sho gad adol!" Azog laughed. I gritted my teeth and swung Baratinu across the neck of an Orc. In the midst of fighting, I heard the desperate cries of my companions as the Wargs knocked down each tree.

"Aahhh! Oh! Oh no!"

"Mister Gandalf!"

I swung my head around and caught a glimpse of Dori hanging on to Gandalf's staff. For some reason, the scene reminded me of Mira's death.

I could almost hear her voice calling for me, those gray eyes looking to me for help... The help that I wasn't able to give.

"Fili!" I cried. He glanced at me in concern. "Catch!" I said, throwing him Baratinu. He caught it, a puzzled look on his face.

Cringning, I allowed myself to change into my other form. Smooth, black fur cascaded over my body and my limbs elongated and settled into place.

All of the dwarves stared at me in shock. I could understand why- I mean, they had only seen me in my other form, not the actual transformation itself.

I glared at Azog and roared. He opened his arms wide, a smug grin on his face. I ran towards him, unbeknownst that Thorin was right by my side.

We ran through the flames, each of us fighting for a important reason. He wanted to reclaim a homeland; I wanted to get revenge for my daughter's death.