Chapter 22 // Do YOU

◇« ✿ »◇

The image of her goes across Indra's mind...her smile, her laugh..everything. His jaw clenched and his fist tightens till they turned white.

Ayana...

She wondered around, lifeless, not knowing where she is anymore. Aya ran far as she could to get the air she needed. Her feet dragged across the grass and fell on her knees. Hazel's eyes weren't shimmering as bright after figuring out the "real" cause of her mother's death.

"It was my fault" Aya whispered, she laid down the grass on her side, "my fault..." hot tears again pour out of her waterline. She formed a little ball, holding her knees to her chest. 
Aya sobbed gripping  on the pendant, "Mama....I'm sorry...I'm so so sorry..." 
There she laid in the middle of not knowing where...in a meadow.

Meanwhile, Indra and Asura were getting closer, where it is nearly night time, taking all day to find her. Indra kept going and Asura was along by his side not sure if she could be found.  They both exited out of the forest and there was the field of any flowers you could think of.

"Wow...this is beautiful" Asura sighed taking the scenery before him. Indra looks over ahead and recognizes her chakra signature. He ran.

"Oi! Elder brother!"

They ran across the field of beautiful flowers. Asura almost felt bad for stepping on them.  When Ōtsutsuki dunce lost sight of Indra and the rustling stopped,  he approached slowly.

"Aya! We finally found you!" Asura sighed. Her eyebrows screwed together as she was in pain. Indra's heartfelt at peace for finally finding her safe in his arms. Aya revealed her hazel eyes looking over to see her boyfriend and Asura.

She slowly got up, "Indra?...Asura?"

The younger one laughed and he kneeled down to her level almost closer to his older brother. "We were so worried about you! Thank goodness you are okay!"

Aya hides her face in Indra's chest and her body began to shake, letting out soft sobs. Indra didn't know how to respond but the two brothers looked at each other in confusion. Aya sat on across from Indra and she nuzzled deeper as he felt tears drops fall like heavy rain.

"Asura..." Indra spoke, running his fingers through her silky chocolate hair to soothe her, "give us a minute."
"I'll be right over where we entered the meadow"
"Alright. Don't go anywhere" Indra said looking back. Asura looks at Aya in sympathy, "I won't.." then leaves the couple alone.

"Ayana. What were you thinking?!" He scolded. He grabs her shoulders, shaking her a bit as she sniffles, "answer me!!"

She raised her head steadily and he sees her eyes filled with tears, tears that ran down like a river. It hurts him.

"I-it was my fault.."

Indra looks at her eyes and she continued, "I killed my mother!" She cried very loud this time. Asura stopped and heard her cries from the distance. A deep sorrowful cry he has ever heard. a painful one. Asura recalling the time she told him about his mother's death and told him everything. About the nightmares, the sleep paralysis...

"I was about 3 or 4 years old - around there and...the last time I remember being with my mother, the day she died in the fire..." Aya said as she sat in the nursery.
"Did you...did you know how it started?" Asura asked as he sat down in the chair.
She shakes her head, "no...but somewhere deep within me...I feel like it's my fault..."
Asura grabs her by the shoulder making Aya jump and look up at him., "as a 3 or 4-year-old, it's not your fault. You were only a child.."
"But why am I feeling like this? ..."
"is something you need to figure out on your own. No one can't predict what could've happened on that day. Besides, you were only a little girl. Don't stress yourself."