Chapter 33 // Despair

« »

Thank you for your votes and your comments, lovely mutuals! There is going to be double update coming up because you all deserve it! It's almost done (; Just need to sleep after a long day. Happy Reading!

◼︎◼︎◼︎

"WE GOT CAUGHT! AND THEY ARE ON TO US!!!! HURRY! WE GOT TO GO!!!" Asashi ran and Kaito went after him and he called over, "Hayato! Camellia! Don't just stand there! RUN!"

"How could have that happened?!" Camellia put her hand over mouth and it trembled. So did her legs. I frantically shake my sister whose stirring and groggily waking up.

"Hitomi! WAKE UP!"
I hate doing this to her. From the bottom of my heart. She's sleeping peacefully and I interrupted.

"Onii-chan!" she complains, rubbing her eyes. I sighed of annoyance and getting anxious.

"HITOMI! HURRY! WE GOT TO GO! STAND. UP. NOW!"

Her honey-brown orbs widen when I raised my voice. They went glassy of tears and they rapidly poured down her cheeks. She cried loudly and I hushed at her to be quiet. Camellia looks at the end of the alley where Kaito and Asashi sprinted towards us. She gasped when she saw shadows approaching. "Hayato!" she squeaked.

I look up as they were so close. I picked up my sister with one arm with my secured bag around me and held Camellia's hand unconsciously.

What did we do next? Well, we ran.

As we reached the end of the alley making a sharp turn, they yelled. We were spotted. We squeeze through a crowd of people, pardoning ourselves. Civilians yelled us:

"You damn kids!"

"Watch where you're going!"

"Sorry!" Camellia yelled to apologize.

I felt my heart was in the back of my throat; it was getting harder to breathe. I could almost taste my blood in my taste buds and not being able to swallow my saliva. My ankles buckled, my body trembled and I'm running down with sweat.  With so many voices and pass through heated bodies gets me extremely nauseous.
This could only mean one thing. I'm scared.

I don't know if we are going to get out of this market with so many people here. A hand was pulled away from my grasp and it's Camellia's. I look back at her and I see her sea-green eyes in fear. She is also afraid yet she's trying to hide it as she's trying to encourage me: "Come on, Kan! We can get out here!"  Her orbs look at my sister who is clinging on to me.

That's right...I promised mom I have to protect her. I promised mom that we will return safely.

"Oi! Hayato! Camellia!"

"Over here!"

Right ahead of us is Kaito and Asashi who are waiting for the three of us to catch up. We halted and paused when we approached them. Camellia and I pant out air hysterically of anxiety overwhelming us. Camellia looks back in fright.

"I think we lost them but let's not get our hopes up."

"What happened?" I asked, peaking at up them. Asashi wipes out the sweat from his forehead with the back of his hand: "The salesman spotted us and called out the officials who weren't that far." I narrowed my eyes at them.
"I thought you two had everything under control!"

"We did! Didn't you hear at the beginning I mention security is going to be tight" Kaito rebutted.

"But still-" My blood was running through veins furiously because every time Kaito and I do this, we never gotten caught. Camellia put my hand on my shoulder, calming my anger.
"Talking here is useless. We need to get out of here." I clench my fist and heard my sister whimper. I choked, weakening my grip on her. "I'm sorry Hitomi.."