Chapter 35 // Foreigner

◇« ✿ »◇

I bet you are confused about the old moon and the new moon in last chapter. The new moon in which Kaguya is sealed in made the other get out of the earth's gravitational force. In other words, its replaced. Something completely different from the actually cannon from the manga/anime.
Thank you for your votes and comments!
Happy Reading!

◼︎◼︎◼︎

Ayana sat in front of her father hearing his story. Her facial expressions are unreadable, just like her boyfriend's. For looking at his beautiful features for too long, Aya didn't realize she's imitating him.
"Now you know the truth about me, my daughter. Your father is a murderer." Hayato looks at his hands and started to have hallucinations that blood is still there.
He runs his hand to his grey toffee hair expecting his daughter to hate him.

"Papa.."
Her soft voice made him peak at his precious treasure.

"Was I named after your mother?"

He sees her daughter's rosy cheeks due to the spouting fire they sat nearby. He smirks and chuckles of her timidness while he caresses it. Her hazel orbs peak up at her father shyly yet she's happy for being name after someone precious from her father especially a grandmother who wished she'd met.

"Indeed. Your mother wanted your name to be different than hers."

"What does the grandmother's name mean?" Aya tilted her head.
"Iris, a lavender flower."

She then asked for her name's significance. Her father put his hand under his chin in thought: "It means beautiful flower and eternal blossom. I recall your mother's words that she heard the name from one of her relatives on her father's side whose born from another land - her great grandfather."

"So I've come from mixed bloodline..."

Hayato nods, "You have many distinct ethnicities running through your veins." His father ran his hand down her shoulder then keeps it to himself. "More importantly, Mitzou family's bloodline which is the strongest."

Her celestial seed pulsed through her heart and is beginning to run through her veins.

So this is what Indra meant that he wants to figure out who he is. He doesn't know where the Ōtsutsuki clan is from. He only knows that his grandmother came from the heavens and his grandfather was an emperor of the land she's born, raised and living in.

Never-mind that.

She's curious about how her mother met her father who lost everything. She bit her lip and glancing at the fire. Aya could feel the warmth hitting at one side of her body which she remembered their old house burned down to ashes. She slid her hand down her arm.

"About mama..." she peaked her eyes at her father, "How did you two met?"

Hayato knew his daughter inherited one of his traits. She reminds him of his little sister in a way. He shut his eyes, reminiscing Aya as child on how ran towards him happily asking him to play with him. Then scolding her when she made a mess in the kitchen and quickly apologizing with she pouts.

"Dear!"

Hayato heard his wife's voice coming from the fire.

◦◦◦

26-year-old Hayato bathed from pond washing away the blood and scrubbing it off his clothes. This chore reminded him of his mother.

He has already burned his sister's body into ashes, along with Asashi's head and Kaito's mutilated corpse. He, independently, walked alone and doesn't know where he has been going. His eyes are lifeless from ephemeral experiences from the last few months? A Year?