Chapter 32 // To Live

◇« ✿ »◇

Takeo doesn't know how long he has been sobbing in his father's office. His cries were filled with anger and sadness. His mother loved his father until the end and his son too. Takeo wondered if his mother died thinking of him when she had fallen from the cliff. His dark brown eyes re-reads his father's last paragraph before going to tears again. Until there are no more tears coming out of his eyes, he wipes the remaining ones left his cheeks. He had to keep going on why his father went completely ballistic about the foreign woman Yuuto told him about. However, it's getting late and it probably time for him to head home and decided to take his father's journal with him to read later.

◦◦◦

Aya was sitting at the dinner table eating their last meal of the day with her chopsticks, picking on her food. The food she made is delicious as she watched her father's eating it quite happily from his plate. She bites her lip, nervously if he should tell him about her mother. Hayato notices her quietness and gulps the dissolved food from his mouth to question: "What's the matter, Aya? Did you had an argument with Indra?"

She jumped out of her seat and relaxed. It was a small argument but it wasn't the first argument they had.

I know we will have disagreements someday in the future. I mean that what couples are all about, no?

"Not really.." Aya spoke. Hayato furrowed his eyebrows in confusion wondering what's bugging his beloved daughter. "Then why are you so upset, darling?" He put his chopsticks down, putting his hand on his daughter's shoulder. Aya puts her chopstick down too and sits up straight. Hayato removes his hand and keeps it to himself waiting for his daughter to talk. Aya peaked her eyes at her father's gaze.

"Do you know anything about mama's family?" She asked. Hayato's eyes widen and then were lowered, "So the time has come." Her daughter raised a brow: "Do you know?"

He shook his head, "Not much, my dear. It was only brief information your mother told me."

Aya turned her body to her father, "Anything is fine. I'm just curious.." she bites her lip again. If Indra was here, he would've scolded her. Hayato sighed, "Alright, you already know your mother, Ines, and your grandmother, Ariana, is from an island.." and she nods, "I already know that.."

"Well then, in your blood, the Mitzouan family has extraordinary abilities." Aya's eyes blinked once and twice. "Abilities?"

"Swordsmanship, archery, spears and fist combat: They are a skilled family, full of warriors prepared for war." Hayato shut his honey brown eyes as he explained and Aya sat back down with her bright hazel orbs widen in mild surprise, hearing her father's words.

"That's it?" her words uttered out of her mouth.

"No, there is more." Hayato's eyes are filled with sorrow which made her daughter perplexed and her heart filled with pain. He gets up and gets on his knees in front of his precious princess getting both of her delicate hands. "What I'm about to tell you is the truth I kept hidden. I never ever wanted you to carry this burden upon yourself."

Aya's celestial seed impulsed giving her a warning and be prepared what's coming almost similar to anxiety issue.
"Papa...you're scaring me." She trembled. His eyes watered"I'm sorry, my angel. I want to let you know first that I was a lost man before I met your mother and after I lost your mother."

Her hazel irises began brighten making amber specks visible and enlarge. Her heart ached knowing how much the death of her mother scarred him but is there something else she should know of? Aya felt nothing but shame and ignorant. All her life, she was sheltered and treasured because of her divine greatness and her bubble is about pop.