Chapter 71 // Kismet

◇« ✿ »◇

A spark of lighting, Indra landed on one knee, gracefully carrying the last Princess of Crete in his arms, who is wrapped around with warm and adorn salmon quilt — the knitted quilt her late aunt made for her.

He peers down at the woman to check she was alright as she is huddled close against his chest.

The smell of the beach and sunset's warm rays hitting her made her calm down and glance over the scene as her lover strides his way over to find a perfect spot. Indra settles her down carefully. 

"I'll be right back with driftwood." He utters; he tenderly kisses her forehead before going on his way. "Don't move."

"Okay." Aya nods, "Be careful."

A faint whisper was audible enough for him to hear. He returns to smother the corner of her mouth with affection, then finally left her alone.
Raising her knees to her chest and digging to bury her small feet in sand, she weeps of all the anguish she had caused.

Loud crash in front of her made her body jolt to see Indra has returned really quickly. He must've gotten the wood at the Ninshu manor; she remembers seeing that stack in the kitchen. The prodigy does his signs to ignite the flame towards pile, so they can keep warm. He sat down beside her while Aya shifts in her spot anxiously.

"Well then" his index finger and his thumb tilt her chin over to his direction. "...tell me."

Onyx orbs made contact to bright watery hazel ones causing her heart skip a bit seeing his handsome face. Through her sorrowful expression, she still blushes. Aya snuggles into her duvet, shyly, diverting her attention to the blazing fire and drawing away from the yearning touch.

Steadily, she began:
"I don't remember swallowing a ton of tranquilizers pellets from that vial. But I do know that I have blamed myself of my mother's death. I wanted to die with her but...it just..." her nostrils inhale sharply; she exhales air from her natural plumped lips. "After what happened two months ago...that night...Kronos told me everything. He showed my past to me from that fire tornado...when my old house got burnt down. My mother came down to save me and we talked again. I got mad at her...I told her everything that bothered me. She admitted that she locked away my memories by using the last of her power to the pendant, so I could not remember I killed a human being...I guess the spell? she casted weakened as I got older..and my anxiety and my nightmares got worse and worse" the beauty slowly turns to him, and smiles gently

"Everything changed when I met you."

Indra held his brows creased in concern as he listened and watched her speak. She darts away from his penetrating gaze, throwing her head back while shutting her eyes to keep the tears in.

"That's not all." Aya lowers her head to view at the ocean. "When you brought me home, I thought everything that occurred was a dream, a horrible horrible dream...I kept meeting gods back and forth and they were just" her shoulders shrug casually, "....they were just telling me I have no other choice to do it and I'm the only one who can. In the end, I did it..." Aya moisten her lips, and nods. "I did what they want...they didn't even care what I wanted, but they helped me and I'm grateful....All I ever I wanted is the truth and the one who gave it to me was...the enemy." She paused.

There was silence as the bond fire cackles carbon dioxide into atmosphere and an ebb of sea water reaching the shore.

A scoff comes out of her mouth; she smacks her hands on her knees.

"I'm an actual princess." The 18 year old rolls her eyes, shaking her head. "Im the last descendant of a sovereign line and celestial demigod. You know the sphere I was trying to protect?" She asked Indra.