Chapter 2 // Intimidating

◇« ✿ »◇

Hot flames are engulfing the entire house burning everything in its path.

A woman screams for help holding her three-old-daughter who is covered in a blanket and trapped in the corner with no escape.

Her husband came home late from work and once he arrived, it became his worst nightmare.

The people around the area tried to stop the fire with the water from rice paddies even women and children.

The husband wanted to save his wife and child by himself but the villagers held him back due to the powerful flames. Meanwhile, the woman coughed trying to make an escape hole.

She puts her daughter down and uses her strength to break the tough wood.

Only for daughter, her hands bleed because she would do anything for her.

The lack of oxygen tired her down leading her child to cry as she saw her mother bleeding and suffering ."It's alright, my lovely Aya. Mama's here."

Aya screams from her nightmare with sweat beaded on her forehead and neck. She steadily sits up and heard footsteps coming to her way.

"Hey! Are you alright?!" Asura says joyfully and generously.
"Where am I?" She spoke, looking around the nursery she's in, heedlessly.

"You are in my house; you fainted and had a fever. We couldn't just leave you there in the forest."

"The forest?" She said, breathlessly in surprise.

"Yes. You don't remember?"

She blinks twice trying to recall the events that occurred and it came to her. "Ah, that's right. I needed to-" she pauses remembering her father is ill. "Oh no.." she moves the sheets off her body and gets out of bed, alarming Asura. "Wha? What are you-"

"My father, my father!" Aya scurries out of the nursery, picking up her sandals.

"Hey wait!" Asura calls and runs after her. Aya hastily puts on the sandals her mother once wore and marches out of the compound trying not to cause a ruckus.

The brunette dunce grabs her arm and turns her around.

"What?!" she snaps, which causes Asura flinches at her reply. "You can't just leave like that! We have to make sure that-" Asura states calmly to her but he was interrupted.
"I don't care! I need to go to my father's side! He needs me right now!"

Asura grabs her arm again but Aya jerks it away, glaring up at him. Asura gulps seeing her bright big intriguing eyes sparkle in a menacing way. She is almost like...