Chapter 23 // Rose Petal

◇« ✿ »◇

Asura accompanies Aya again for groceries, they talk about their hobbies and their talents. She giggled his goofy and joyful personality. Two months have passed like day and night, already in June

"Oh! You know elder brother might not make it to dinner tonight; he is going to spend half the day finding clues and the other his training."
"even though I said to him to not try to push himself too hard...", she sighs, "I guess I have to pack him lunch..."
Asura laughs as he carries groceries, "elder brother is elder brother after all!" and Aya smiles, "mmm-hmm. You are right."
When they exited out of the market, Asura forgot something to grab for his father.
"Dammit! I forgot to get something!"
"I can wait here. you can go and get it."
"Are you sure?"
"Go ahead. I'll be here waiting for you!" Aya nods, ushering him.
"Thank you, Aya!" Asura puts the bag of groceries down, and runs back to the market, "it won't take long I promise!" He waves back at her. She puts a bag of groceries down to rub her arm of the bag she is carrying.

"Hello there!"

Aya looks over her shoulder and sees the man she bumped into the other time.

"You are - ..."

"Sorry I didn't say my name the other time...I'm Takeo." He stood his hand for a shake but that's what Aya thought until he kisses the back of her hand. Aya's cheeks flustered and put her hand away.

"And I'm sorry I bump into the day we met...completely not my intention."

Aya shakes her head, "it's alright. You got to where you needed to go." Takeo nods, "why are you here alone? Where are the other two who were with you?"

"Oh um I'm only accompanied by one of them, the other was just his friend who couldn't be here today."

"I see...I recall his name was...Asura? the one with the headband"

"Mm-hmm" Aya tucks a strand behind her ear.
"And you...Aya. is that right?"

She blushed once again nodding. His hand reached to tuck a loose tendril behind her ear and his face got too close to hers. It caught her by surprise. Her breath hitched and she wanted to step away but her back was hit against the tree. She gasped until his body was too close to hers. He stared into her eyes and Aya began to feel uncomfortable.

Asura...where are you?

Aya immediately shoved him, hard. "You are too close..." She barks.

"I'm sorry...I just..." he rubbed the back of his neck, "you remind me of my late wife..."

The beauty gave him a narrowed look then looked at the ground, "but still..."

"Aya! I'm ..." Asura stopped and sees Takeo, "you must be..."

"I'm just coming to apologize properly from the other day." Takeo responds, "I will be going now..." and he walks off.
Aya looks back at the unknown man.
"What's his problem?"
"Let's go Asura." Aya stated, "I must get dinner ready and make lunch for your brother."

They retrieve their bags and walked back. Aya in the kitchen with Megu making dinner.

"that boy...he won't come to eat dinner because of his determination to training. He is making me worried sick." she showed her anger by ripping part of an onion and throwing it to the side, "You are making his lunch right now, correct?"