Chapter 5 // Just Them Two

◇« ✿ »◇

A job for me?

"What for?" Hayato asks, curiously.
"Since your daughter is or was looking for work, she can work alongside Megu who's in charge of my home. I can give her the opportunity " Hagoromo explained

Megu gets both of Aya's hands. "We will work so well together! Me and you!" She says excitedly. Aya gives a small smile and nods.

"Well, my daughter usually is in charge of the house while I'm away from work. I don't think it wouldn't be a problem if she wasn't so alone." Hayato solemnly says, "but it's up to you, Aya."

"Miss Aya. What do you think? Will you accept?" Hagoromo asks. The three adults look at her waiting for an answer and it made her nervous.

"I..."
She struggles to find the right words because it became all too sudden. Aya peers at the Sage and his rinnegan stare at her own. It got her even more nervous because it reminded of Indra yet his eyes are distinct.

Anyway, her father just got well and a god is offering her a job. She at least wanted to make sure if his father is able to work and check upon him.

"You don't need to give an answer right away. You can give me a reply; when you are ready, stop by and we'll welcome you."

"I, thank you for the offer. I just want to make sure my father is eligible to work, first." Aya clarifies.

"Oh no no, Aya! I'm alright! I'm great, more than I have ever been!" Her father affirms yet her daughter gives him a worried look. Hayato gets her hands, rubbing the back in circles. "I will be fine. What these people did to me made me feel a lot better! Just like the last time before I got sick!" He smiled.

Aya peaks at Hagoromo-sama: "I accept your offer but I first need time to make sure my father is alright before I start."
"I understand. It's settled then." He smirks. He bows and turns towards Megu. "You know what to do right?"
"Yes, Hagoromo-sama. Leave it to me." She bows as well.
Hagoromo sticks his hand out. Hayato and Hagoromo give a firm shake.

"Thank you!"

"It's a pleasure"

He looks at Aya and gives her a look. A look where she can't understand.

Suspicion?

Curiosity?

She blushes and bows. "I'm looking forward to working with you, Hagoromo-sama."
He smiles for her humble manners. Her aura is bright for not just her beauty but her strength. The moment Indra had her in his arms, he knew she is special.

Hagoromo says goodbye and takes his leave.

"Well! I have to head to work! I haven't gone to work in 3 weeks and now it's time to make up for it." Hayato gathers his supplies to work in fields.

Lucky the person in charge is understanding and caring of the situation.

"Are you sure, papa?"

"Of course, I'm sure! I'll be back and whatever they did to me, I feel better than ever!" He kissed her daughter in the cheek and walks out.

"Have a good day, my dear!" He smiles and shuts the door. Just like that.

I
hope nothing bad happens to him. I will check up on him just in case.