Chapter 1 // Her

◇« ✿ »◇

Desperately looking for work, a 17-year-old female is starting to become hopeless. She has looked and looked but there was no luck.

She is turning 18 soon and her father is ill. The medicine is expensive to every town and at every market, she goes.

While taking a quick glance around once more, she brushes her hair away from her face and wipes her tears. She closes her eyes and letting out a sigh to control her breathing because she doesn't intend to give up that easily.

She goes on her toes to stretch her legs, plants her feet back down, and twirls around leaving the market place.

With her head down, she bumps into someone. Ever since she was little, she has always been clumsy; however, she tries to balance herself, but someone catches her form.

Her body tenses when she was turned around with a pair of hands on her shoulders.

"Are you alright?" A concerned voice sounds like a male speaking to her.

"Oh! I-I'm fine. I apologize for not looking." She sniffles, brushing herself before looking up at the man.

It was rather a tall and attractive man, looking down at her with his black onyx orbs.
He wore a white headband with short-spiky dark brown hair, and a white kimono that's high collared showing his collarbones with a printed decor of odd symbols she recalls from somewhere but just can't put a finger on it.

He lets out a huge sigh of relief. "Ah thank goodness!" He smiles naturally with a chuckle, letting go of her shoulders to scratching the back of his head.

She gives him a small smile and looks away from embarrassment with the heat rising upon her cheeks.

"But you don't look fine at all," He continues, which caused her to glimpse at him once more.

"Your eyes are swollen." He leaned in and she backed away immediately.

"I'm alright. Th-there is nothing wrong." She affirms.

He tilts his head looking straight at her eyes.  The male is beginning to feel intrigued of her large eyes and color of her orbs.
She blinks twice inhaling sharply, not liking the tension and the way he is staring at her.

"I'm sorry, but I need to-"

"Asura!" Another male comes up behind him. A harsh and cold tone...

The male turns to the direction where he hears the call of his name.
She gulps and scurries away.

"What are you doing?" His brother sighs annoyingly.

"Ah! Elder brother! Sorry for keeping you waiting. It's just this girl was -" Asura pauses

"This girl was ??"

He looks around. "She's gone!"

◦◦◦

The 17-year-old mentally hits herself for letting her emotions flow in front of people and now this man 'Asura' grew curious. She leans on a tree catching her breath as she ran out of the market place and is currently in a forest.

A quiet cry she whimpers with her hands on her chest, gripping on to a pendant that belonged to her late mother.
"Mama..please don't take him from me. Please, I don't want to lose him..."

She couldn't control her feelings any longer and stood, leaning on the tree for a few moments. As she lets out her more sobs, she slides down and embraces her knees.