Chapter 56 // Corinthian Order

◇« ✿ »◇

Indra literally brought her clothes and sandals over which made Aya groan.

How extreme he can get?

She lazily puts her usual wardrobe back on and got a message that her father is soundly asleep. It gave Aya a sense of serenity that the black bod didn't harm her one only cherished parent.
Her hands gather her thick chocolate hair under Indra's other cloak she still had in possession; letting it cascade down her shoulders.

"Ready." She utters, plopping her arms down her sides with a smack

"Alright." Indra turns his attention over at Asura who will remain with Tatsuo. "Keep your sensory mode and chakra at peak. We'll return."

"Got it. Be careful out there, you two!"

"We will be." Indra stoically affirms, ushering Aya out the chamber. He raised the hood over her head, sliding the shoji behind them.

Aya warily peaks at both ends of the empty hallways for any Kai soldiers if they come in sight.
"Which way shall we go?"

He grabs her hand, leads her to the direction she came from. Her small legs quickly jogged to catch up to his pace.
"Uh, just letting you know I came this way."

The prodigy halts then looks down at her, furrowing his perfectly shaped brows.
"You did?"

"Uh yes? Wouldn't it best to go over there?" she points the opposite direction, "To avoid running into - actually so I can avoid - the same soldiers?"

Completely ignoring her statement, he quietly agreed so they went the other way. Indra guides her to pathway he, Asura and Tatsuo entered when they first arrived. The couple approach to the stair case, only hearing their footsteps echoing the palace.

"What are the directions?" Indra asked while looking around the perimeter. She releases her hand from his grasp to reach paper  she tore off from the list in her pocket.

"I don't know" Aya murmurs softly while the crumbling and folded  sheet is straighten out with her two fingers to read it properly. They both skim over and over again each katakana to understand its location.

'Each item presented and sold will be secured in a restricted section in the west wing, Corinthian Order Columns but to only be occulted to the winner about the site.'

She screw her faces of irritation and impatience.

"Tatsuo said they were in a vault and this is incredibly vague." Aya stresses with an aggravated sigh.
How was she suppose to get answers from this?

"He did say he doesn't know where it was precisely but," his onyx irises looks up at the dome and so does she.

"The palace is complex." she adds but rolls her eyes after. Aya plops her hip to the side, biting her lower lip and gazing at the distance. "I can't believe how complicated my ancestors were."

"You are also that complicated."

"Hn. It must run in the family" she twists her mouth, having her full attention at the paper in hands. He couldn't help but grin of her remark.

"First of all," she raised a finger of her number one question, "which way is west wing?" her large orbs dart pointing multiple directions around the floor they are at, then raise the second digit for question two. "Second, what floor is it and lastly what is Corinthian order column?"

Indra puts his hand of the rail, checking the area once more to search for clues. He goes down the staircase with Aya following him, curious of what had got him captivated. He stops midway looking up at the ceiling. Aya remain a short distance, raising a brow of bemusement.