Chapter 14 // Thank You

« »

I don't know how I am getting inspired but here is another one lol. Happy Reading!
◼︎◼︎◼︎

After she was fully dried off until there aren't pebbles latching with her skin, she changed back to her hakama, sitting on a rock watching the waves as the sunsets. The breeze began to get chilly as curly-chocolate strands blow them away.
Indra was collecting wood to make a bonfire. He dropped it down on the floor, weaved his signs with his fingers quickly, suddenly flame erupted on his hand and there was the bonfire.

She remembered the incident..her nightmare, but she shakes it off her thoughts.

He sat down, pulling his hair back with a low groan. He looks frustrated; she hears him suspire and closing his eyes. His eyebrows are scrunched and his expression is from irritation. Aya prefers to stay quiet and let her mind wander about her coworkers.

Although they are truly annoying, Aya hopes them well.

Her hand holds on to her pendant while looking at the sky on how they shine so bright tonight of infinite stars.

Aya's stomach began to churn. She holds on to the lower abdomen and bends forward, groaning lowly. Indra glances and sees her, breathing heavily in pain.
"I'll be right back." She mumbled. The prodigy looked bemused as she scurried away. She goes inside the rocky cave she was introduced to, panting and her head beginning to ache.
Briefly pressing her lower abdomen slightly, Aya breathes in and out slowly to get rid of the cramps.

The time of the month is coming soon.

Aya finally had felt relax for the pain going away, She turns back until...Indra stands in front of her.
"I'm okay.."

Should I tell him? Nah...

"What's wrong?"

"Its bad stomach ache..it's alright." She said getting flustered.

And you told him.

"Your menstrual cycle?" His brow cocks up of his assumption.

I'm surprised he knows that. Of course, Aya. That man is genius, he is supposed to know.

Aya bites her lip and nods, "It's one of the symptoms for me." She smiled sheepishly.

"How long does it last?"
"Uh.." she began to rub her legs together, and getting red, "Approximately 5 days when it starts."

"You're blushing." He said bluntly, squinting his eyes at her.

Aya inhales sharply, "Cos' I'm talking about my menstrual cycle with you!! And.."

There is a glint of humor in his eyes now but they are dark, making her even more nervous.
Aya raised her own brow mimicking his gesture: "what is it?"

"There is nothing to be ashamed of; without the existence of women, men wouldn't be here."

Her lips get moist from her saliva as she finds it attractive on how he acknowledges females. 

The silence was already getting awkward so she decided to change and bring the subject on her angry visage displayed before her

"Why were you agitated?"

He sighs, biting his lip too before he could respond. His jaw clenched: "I'm gathering all the pieces together of human trafficking and it appears the maids are disappearing as well."
Aya jumps at his statement, "Megu told me a few of them called in sick for work."