31: Night

I got up from my hammock and made my way back to the Homestead. Most of the boys were already inside. Only a couple stayed out probably finishing up their work.

I watched my feet walk as I monuvered through the Glade. The plan I made was an awful one. One that would probably worry Newt and Thomas to death or even kill me.

I made a mental note to apologize to them at some point. I picked my head up and entered the Homestead.

Boys scattered the Homestead floor. Small chatter arose from the boys. I looked down at my wrist watch to see the time. It was 9:45. The Doors would have closed 15 minutes ago.

I made my way up the stairs and into the room where Newt assigned me. I walked in to see Thomas, Minho, Newt, and Teresa. Alby was in a separate room getting treated by the Med-jacks.

I gave the guys a small smile and made my way to the bed. Teresa was sitting on it and she gave me a small smile.

"Newt said we're sharing the bed." Teresa said patting the bed. I laughed a bit at her comment but nodded, smiling as I did so.

I rested my head on Teresa's shoulder and I closed my eyes, sighing. She placed a hand on my head saying that she was tired as well.

Newt watched us with furrowed brows. Then he got up and left. Thomas and Minho stayed silent in the corner knowing what time it was. The lights in the Homestead all went off at once and we were all put in a gray light.

I stayed that way in Teresa's arms until I heard the first Griever moans.

I sat up straight and looked at the window that was once shattered to see it hastily patched up. I knew they were coming.

Newt came back and sat next to Thomas whispering in his ear. Thomas nodded and looked at me.

'You alright (Y/n)? You seem a bit on edge.' I rolled my eyes at him.

'Well Sherlock, we are going to be attacked by Grievers tonight and one of us is gonna be taken. Of course I'm not on edge.' I said sarcasticly as I looked over to Teresa. She was smiling a bit at Thomas. Thomas was staring at me with a dumbfounded look.

The room was quite for a while. Everyone was on edge, scared of who was gonna get picked. Carl was in the same room as me.

He looked calm but he is probably freaking out in the inside. He was staring off into space waiting for the damned creatures to get here.

I laid in bed staring at the ceiling above me. Teresa and Thomas were probably talking telepathically. They tried multiple times to talk to me but I just ignore them being non-responsive.

Newt sat on the edge of the bed laying down as well. His head was horizontal to mine. The top of my head almost hitting his cheek.

My eyes were getting droopy but remembering the Griever Hole made my eyes snapped open again.

Newts soft breaths evened out and I knew he was asleep. I smiled a bit as I heard him snore a bit. I sat back up slowly careful not to wake up the blond.

I looked around the room and went to go sit by Carl. The boy looked confused as to why I approached him. I sat next to him and leaned my head on his shoulder. He stiffened and almost pulled away.

"Don't. We need to talk." I whispered low enough for him to hear. He turned his head to me and I picked my head up. He tilted his head to the side his brown hair swayed to one side.

"What is it?" He asked confused. The gray light from out side made his blue eyes glow giving me a clear view of them showcasing the confusion and curiosity contained in them.

"I'm going to do something that might kill me. I want you to tell my friends that I didn't want them to get hurt but that what I did was because I needed to know." I looked at my hands when I finished talking.

"What are you going to do?" Carl asked inching closer.

I turned to him. "I'm going to get stung. Don't try to stop me or you will get hurt. Tell my friends what I told you. They don't know my intentions. Thanks for understanding." I got up and walked away. Carl was left dumbfounded. When he registered what I had said he almost stood up to follow me but I was already sitting in between Thomas and Minho.

I was falling asleep when the sounds of the Grievers got so close that the clank of its metal legs rang throughout the Homestead.

I looked around the room to see most of the boys awake a couple dozed off, Newt being one of them.

Everything was quiet 'till a crash from the room next to us woke us all up. I jumped to my feet at the sound of people yelling and screaming.

I ran to the room where the Griever entered. The room was shattered as boys ran out yelling and screaming. Alby was gone. My eyes widen in realization, they took Alby.

I ran out the room and down the stairs skipping some. My name was being called behind me by Thomas and Minho. They both ran after me but I ran faster out the door.

The Griever that took Alby was rolling away he appeared every now and then with every rotation. I pushed my legs to go further Thomas's and Minhos voices called out to me.

More Grievers appeared and started to roll away but before they could get any farther, I jumped into one of the closest Grievers.

Its slimy body squished at my sudden weight. Pricks were felt over my body as I screamed in pain. I was soon released from the Griever as it rolled away.

I was left on the ground bleeding and breathing harshly. I wanted to sleep. Newts, Thomas's, and Minhos faces appeared above me all of them concerned and scared.

Carl's face popped in. His eyes showing that he was worried. I gave him a weak smile and turned to my friends. Minho and Thomas picked me up and hauled me to the Homestead.

"You are one crazy shank (Y/n)." Minho commented. My eyes were starting to get droopy.

'What the hell was that (Y/n)?! You could've died!' A male voice said. I knew it was Thomas's.

"Bloody hell (Y/n)! You know you couldn't have saved him right?" Newt said limping after us. Anger and sadness was clearly shown through his voice.

"Don't worry. I meant to do it." I said weakly before darkness consumed my vision.

My head flopped to the side as the boys carried me to the Homestead.

~~~
Wassup guys! Anyways guys I hope y'all enjoyed and remember stay weird. Love ya.

-EDITED-
(1185 words)