12: Slim it Tom

I raised my brows at him.

"The new Greenie came up."

Thomas rolled his eyes and said, "oh really I didn't know. That Greenie alarm totally did not inform me."

"Slim it Tom. The Greenie was a girl. She came up but she was out cold. Then she woke up saying everything's going to change. She said my name and told me to tell you everything's going to change."

Thomas raised a brow at me but said nothing.

"Thomas! I am telling you something. Respond."

Thomas raised both brows a smirk playing on his lips.
I let out a frustrated groan and ran a hand down my face annoyed.

"Stop being a shuck-face and respond. Do you have any clue as to what she is talking about?"

Thomas nodded but didn't say anything. I huffed and crossed my arms. I stood there watching him with pursed lips. Tapping my foot on the hard packed dirt.

Finally Thomas reacted, he laughed. "Wow Greenie you look pissed. It's funny."

I grumbled but didn't say anything.

He put a hand up to his ear and said, "What was that Greenie? I couldn't hear ya."

"Shut up Tom. Stop laughing and answer the damn question."

He chuckled then he turned serious. "Alright Greenie. As Newt would say don't get your panties all up in a bunch. Yes I do know what the new girl was talking about."

I nodded thoughtfully. "What did she mean by everything's going to change?"

"I don't know the exact meaning but all I know is that the sooner we get out of this shucking place the better. This is going to have to end soon. Things are going to change. I need to get back out there into the Maze to find a way out."

This brought up more questions in me. "What has to end?"

"The Glade, the Maze. This all is going to end. We have to get out."

"What do you mean?"

"What I just said Greenie. We need to get out. I need to get out of this place. It's driving me crazy."

I stood there staring at him weirdly. His hands are gripping the bars his face pressed against it. My face a couple inches away from his. My heart is beating fast as my cheeks turned bright pink. I stepped back so that my heart beat and cheeks can return to normal. I put a hand up to my chin, tapping my foot thinking.

Bingo!

"I'll get you out if you help me become a Runner. If not you are goin' to have to deal with being in there for another week or two."

Thomas just looked at me with disbelief. He shook his head stepping back from the barred window. "No Greenie, it's too dangerous."

With that I furrowed my brows in anger. "I know that the shucking Maze is dangerous. Newt told me so when I asked him about it. I don't need you to tell me the same thing. I know what I am asking for. It's a lot to ask for but I can do it. I know I can but that's only if you let me. Please just let me become a Runner. I promise I can do it and if I can't then I won't ask again. Please, Thomas. Please just do this for me."

He looked at me seriously all humor left his eyes. He sighed and ran a hand through his messy brown locks. "What did Newt say?"

"He said it takes the best of the best to be a Runner. That you have to prove yourself. I, I will prove myself. I have to try. I'm going in whether you let me or not. I am going to be a Runner. Now all you have to do to get your shucking butt out of the Slammer is nominate me as a Runner or at least ask Minho"

"Look Greenie I am not going to say yes but I am not gonna say no. I will ask and nominate you. Just get me the hell outta here. I'm gonna die of boredom before them buggin' Grievers get me."

I nodded and looked around to find something to break the lock not trying to face Newt and Alby. No thanks. I keep searching until I find a pretty big rock beside the Slammer. I quickly grab the rock and walk over to the lock. I grab the cold metal and palm it for a second before I bring the rock down at full force. The rock created a dent in the lock. I repeated to slam down the heavy rock over the lock until it fell off completely. The chain fell to the dirt with a thump. I pulled the door open to be met with a wide eyed Thomas.

"What?"

"Why did you do that? You could've just asked Newt. He would've gave it to you."

"One, I'm trying to get out of questioning. Two, how do you know Newt would give it to me so easily?"

"Well Greenie that shank has a so-speaking of the devil here he comes and he has company."

I turned to see what he was talking about and I see Newt limping his way over to us a frustrated look on his face as his eyes connected with mine. Alby not far from him, his face pinched in anger.

'I'm shucked'

Thomas had that annoying smile on his face as both leaders approached us. When they arrived Newt stood in front of me with his arms crossed. Alby was glaring at me over Newt's shoulder. Thomas was biting his lip to contain a laugh.

"What the shuck Greenie! You disappear right when that shuck girl is hauled away then we find you flirting with Tommy and helping him out."

Both Thomas and I blushed. Thomas spoke up, "It wasn't like that Newt she came to talk to me about the new Greenie informing me about what happened. Then she started to talk about being a Runner."

Newt looked at me with brows raised. Alby spoke up, "You want to be a Runner? No shucking way Greenie."

"I don't care what you say Alby, I am going to be a Runner whether any of you like it or not."

"No you're not." Alby said crossing his arms.

"Yeah she is." Thomas stepped up to Alby.

My eyes widen in surprise. Then a smile appeared on my lips. Newt looked at me then at Thomas and stood next to Thomas.

"The girl's got balls. I think she can be a Runner." Thomas said confidently.

Alby turned to Newt with a brow raised, questioning him. "I agree with Tommy. She can handle herself"

My wide eyes traveled to Newt who was staring down Alby, challenging him to say no again.

'What the shuck is going on.'

"She is going to become a Runner. I nominate her to be one. I'll talk to Minho later."

"I nominate her as well. We will have a Gathering later today discussing it. Alby it's done you can't say or do anything about it." Newt said confirming the Gathering.

Alby looked pissed. He didn't say anything he just left. I turned to the two boys with raised eyebrows.  "Why did you guys stand up for me?"

Newt smiled that sweet smile he always showed me, while Thomas smirked that smirk that was always on his lips. "Well Greenie, I thought you did have the chumps to become a Runner since I did see you sprint from the Deadheads to the Box without getting winded and running off to the Slammer at full speed."

I nodded at Newt then turned to Thomas for his explanation. "I couldn't break the deal. Plus I also wanted to piss of Alby.....and you are a pretty fast runner. When I attacked you, it took all my energy to catch up to you."

I smiled at both boys and spread my arms wide to either side signaling for a hug. They turned to look at each other, then turned to look at me. They ran into my arms almost making me fall. Laughs filled the air as we all hugged. Thomas positioned his head o that his mouth was right next to my ear. 

"As I was saying earlier about Newt. He has a soft spot for you. When he comes to bring me food he is always talking about you. That shank likes you Greenie." My cheeks turned red as he told me this. The blonde was snuggled into my hair smiling like an idiot.

I smiled as both boys continued to hug me. 'Maze here come.'

~

Hey Loves!!!! Anyways I hope you guys enjoyed. Remember stay weird.

-EDITED-
(1454 words)