6: Liar!

The Gladers were running around the green plain looking for an AWOL Thomas. My gaze traveled up to Minho, who was now standing, forgetting about his soup and bread. He was watching the boys run in different directions. I stood up beside him and tapped him on the shoulder.

He didn't react so I yelled, "Minho! Do you have any idea of where he can be?"

He finally looked at me with a worried expression. "No clue Greenie. I didn't see this coming at all. That shank would never do something like this."

I huffed at the information Minho gave me. I swung my legs over the worn out bench and marched toward the center of the Glade. Minho catching up with me, Newt close behind him.

I turned to face the two teenage boys,"Newt do you have any clue to where he can be?"

He shook his head in response frowning. A saddness filled his chocolate brown eyes for a split second before it was turned into pure determination.

"We need to find him. It's going to be really hard considering I don't know the kid and you. . . shanks don't know where he could be at." I said taking a look around the Glade. The boys were everywhere.

"We need to set everyone in order if we want to find Thomas. These boys are going crazy, we need a search group to find Thomas. Can you guys do that?" I asked them raising my eyebrows at them.

Both boys nodded.

Newt turned toward the boys who were causing mishap and yelled out,"Ya shanks need to stop runnin 'round the Glade like a bunch of headless chickens! Gather all of the boys and meet us here! Hurry up!"

I don't know if any of the boys heard Newt but judging by the fact that some of them were already gathering around us I assumed some did.

"Go get Alby," Newt said to Minho who was already taking off toward the Homestead before the blonde could finish his command.

~~~~

It took about thirty minutes for the boys to organize themselves into a circle. Newt and I ended up standing in the middle of the circle. I spun in a slow circle taking in all the boys' faces, seeing some I recognized and some I have never seen.

Alby and Minho pushed through the crowd getting to the middle to where Newt and I were waiting for them.

"Ok Newt this better be a good shucking reason for you to call me shuck-face. Call me that one more buggin time and you'll be spendin' time with them Grievers got that?" Alby yelled a poor Newt.

"I didn't call you shuck-face," Newt said crossing his arms over his chest.

"But Minho sai-,"Alby stopped and looked at a sheepish Minho.

I laughed at the act these three were putting on.

"Alright you three now's not the time. We need to find Thomas," I told them.

"Right," Newt said then motioned for me to talk.

I raised an eyebrow at Newt but all he did was silence the crowd.

So I turned to the now quiet crowd and told them my plan,"Okay the plan is to create five different search groups. Ten in each. To find Thomas. Alby, Minho, and Newt are in charge of choosing the groups. Any questions?"