2: Chuck

"Glade? What is this place? Why am I here? Why am I the only-" I began asking questions only to be cut off by Alby.

"Woah hold your horses Greenie you will have a chance to ask questions but first I have to give you a tour of the place we call home, The Glade," Alby said gesturing around him.

I only nodded in response to stunned by my current location. As I was about to ask Alby when we were suppose to take the tour, a terrifying scream erupted from a building that looked like it could be blown away at any second. I immediately looked at Alby my mouth opened about to ask what was that but he and the blonde boy sprinted towards the old looking building.

I stood there watching what was happening before me. Once I got over the initial confusion of what just unfolded, I began to wander around the Glade to get a better sense of my surroundings. As I was walking I noticed the four giant stone walls that surrounded the Glade, they have openings that run from the top to the bottom in each wall. I start to walk over to one of the openings curiosity driving me towards it.

As I approached the opening, I hear the same blood curdling scream making chills run down my spine.

I was just about to walk through the opening when I was shoved to the ground causing me to hit my head on the hard packed dirt. I looked up to see who shoved me and saw a guy. He was tall, who am I kidding all these boys are huge, has blondish hair and a big nose that looks like it's been broken before.

"What the hell man! Why would you just shove me like that!" I said my voice rising at every word.

The boy just stares at me with furious eyes then he smiles and says,"Sorry shank. I was just trying to save your life."

I snort at this which causes him to get even more furious. Before I know what is happening I am being held up by the collar on my shirt and was forced to be face to face with the boy with a potato as a nose.

"Listen here shuck face I was doing you a favor but next time you want to go outside these walls I will let you walk out," he says angrily.

I glare at him but say nothing. We stood there glaring at each other until a voice broke up the intense glaring. I turn to see who it is and I see a little boy who looks like he could only be 12 or 13 years old.

The younger boy looks at the boy who is currently gripping the collar of my shirt, then at me and says,"Gally you do this every single time we have a new Greenie let the girl go she did not know no need for you to treat her like klunk."

The boy holding me, Gally, looks at the boy and let's go of me making me fall to the ground. Gally walks over to the boy and says something to the younger boy that I could not hear from where I was. I get up, dusting my blue shirt off and walk towards the younger boy to thank him while Gally is walking away from both of us.

"Thank you~" I start, realizing I didn't know his name.

"Chuck. My name is Chuck," he responds with a big smile.

I smile back and thank him.

"No problem Greenie. Gally is always doing this to the new arrivals it gets annoying. So before he can beat the klunk out the newbies I swoop in and save the day," he replies the smile on his face never leaving,"Come on Greenie I'm in charge of your sleeping arrangements tonight since Alby and Newt are busy right now."

I nod and say,"Is Newt the blonde kid?"

"Yeah, he is second in command in this shuck place," he replies.

"Okay then kid show me where I'm going to be sleeping. I'm totally lost and I need to do something to keep busy," I say to the young boy in front of me with a smile.

He smiled back and nodded showing me the way towards my new bed, hopefully.

~Remember stay weird~

-EDITED-
(734 words)