Chapter 12

Chapter 12

"Tada!" Angelica yells out while pointing at her new car, which is across the street next to the park.

It's a small, slightly used, light blue car, with four doors and 5 seats, which looks like an automatic from the outside, has leather seats, and a sunroof. The windows are tinted, and the headlights are brand new.

"So like, what do you think?" she asks me, "too much?"

"It's nice," I answer as we begin to cross the street. "How much did it cost?"

"I don't really know," she tells me, "since it was like a gift from my parents and all. But it looks pretty expensive! I feel so bad."

Finally we're next to the car, and I immediately spot a couple of problems.

"So," I continue, while circling the car and noticing more problems with it in the process.

"When do you plan on getting it fixed?"

"What do you mean?" she asks me, clearly confused.

"What do you mean what do I mean?" I reply. "It's dirty, has a few scratches, a small dent, the inside is filled with trash, one of the back lights shine brighter than the other, and it doesn't even have a radio." I look inside and see that there are a lot of buttons as well. "I also bet half of those buttons inside don't even work."

"Well, I was like, totally about to clean all of that later on today." I could tell she was lying. "You just have to help me, that's all!"

"I know when you're lying Angelica!" I tell her while laughing. "How about you lend me the car and I'll bring it somewhere to get it fixed."

"Oh my god, thank you so much," she tells me after sighing in relief. "I'll like give you all the money you need."

"I'll go do it right now then, since I'm not free any other time soon, come drive it to my house."

"Wait," she interrupts, "aren't we going to go shopping today?"

"Angelica," I begin while laughing, "you should be saving your money for this car, because it's going to cost some money to get this fixed! Besides, I'm not free anytime soon. I'm going to start working tomorrow."

The restaurant I stopped at to get an application finally hired me, it took a long time for no reason though, since I brought in the application and got interviewed only a few days after I first went there.

"But," she begins to whine, "I want to go shopping!"

"No Angelica," I respond. "We're not shopping." I'm sort of glad we're not too, Angelica makes shopping much longer more difficult, stopping at every blouse in sight.

"Ugh, fine," she says while rolling her eyes and opening the door to her car. "Let's go." She closes the door and turns on the car, then she drives to my house, and I get in my truck and follow behind her.

After a while, we get to my house and Angelica gets out of her car, forgetting to turn it off, then after I turn off my truck and get out as well, she gives me the key to her car.

"I'm not turning it off for you," I tell her.

"What do you mean?" she asks while turning around. "Oh my god," she says while laughing after she notices the motor still running, "I completely forgot!" She then takes the keys out of my hand and runs to turn off her car.

"Your hopeless," I tell her when she gets back.

"I'm sorry!" she replies. "I forgot!"

"Why are you apologizing?" I ask her while laughing.