Chapter 4

Chapter 4

School. Out of all the things I hate, I hate school the most. Seven hours of sitting down, listening to an adult talk about something even more complicated every week, and being given work to be done at home that occupies another four hours of my life, although I tend not to do my homework.

At least I'm smarter than most people though, because if I don't understand what was going on, I'd have to spend even more time on homework, and I would have to listen to my dad and my brother talk to me about how to get my grades up. Which they do anyways but it would be worst than it is now.

I always get straight Cs, Bs, and an A or two including gym on all my report cards, and I should be receiving straight As and Bs but my problem is lack of homework. I'm an expert at procrastinating, I wouldn't even think about homework until around nine o'clock at night, and that's just when I see what I have to do and try to fit the most I can into my study period. I don't do any real work until ten.

I always feel bad though. For example, I keep Justin up late while I'm doing my homework. Also, I never even finish my homework, I just do an assignment or two, which tend to be my English and my Math. Finally, I don't do what I say I'm going to during study periods, I just read a book or talk to someone around me. Which I really need to fix, if anything, I have to fix all of that.

After I shower, brush my teeth, and do my hair, I put on the clothes I set out on the chair: a pair of red converses, white skinny jeans, a white shirt with a red jacket over it, my red hoop earrings, my white bracelet, and my black ring. I look in the mirror, I put on my favorite red lipstick, I used to hate lipstick, but Angelica forced me into wearing it, then I go to the kitchen to eat breakfast.

Every morning I make a huge ordeal over which cereal I should eat. Today my options are cheerios, frosted flakes, and cocoa puffs. I rule out cheerios because those are just plain old boring, and after a minute or two I decide upon frosted flakes. But when I opened the box and take the bag out, I see that it's basically empty, so I just leave the rest for Justin and I end up eating the cocoa puffs.

I still have a lot of time left so I take out my phone to text Angelica, even though I'm not really the biggest fan of how she texts. Is she even awake yet though? She has to be up already, since she wakes up early every day to shower, do her hair, and pick out her clothes.

-hey u awake yet? *Jasmine*

-duh! :D i had 2 wake up Xtra early 4 school 2day, cant miss the 1st day! :p *Angelicaa: the 1st and greatest :D*

-Well im already ready, want me to pick you up? *Jasmine*

She doesn't respond to the last text, so I just get my keys and I head outside. I decide to listen to music in the truck for a while, and after a song or two I decide to leave, except right when I turn on my truck, I get two texts from Angelica.

-just missed the bus! :'( can u pick me up real quick? id luv u 4ever! :) *Angelicaa: the 1st and greatest :D*

-Oh! didnt see ur txt, my B! :P is it 2 late though!?! :'( *Angelicaa: the 1st and greatest :D*

I back out of our small parking place, check both sides of the street for cars, even though there are rarely ever any cars coming through this street, and when I get to a red light, I quickly text Angelica back.

-u already love me, its not 2 late, omw right now! *Jasmine*

Right when I hit the send button the light turns green, and after about 10 minutes of driving I finally get to her house. Angelica's house makes my house look like a clubhouse built by twelve year olds, It's a big, two-story house made of bricks, it's painted white with blue details, there's a pool and a playground in her backyard, and, to top it all of, none of the windows are boarded up and it doesn't look like it's falling apart!