The teacher pulled out an attendance sheet and read off our names, marking us present or absent. He sat down and then glanced at the door.

                He glanced at me and held the attendance sheet out to me. “You, take this down to the attendance office,” he grumbled.

                I took the paper and shoved my hand in my pocket so he wouldn’t see my middle finger flick up. Ha! That’ll show him to mess with Mark Luce! Yea, that’s right. I just flipped you off in my pocket. I am so badass I even impress myself sometimes.

                I left the classroom and began to make my way down the hall, staring blankly at the attendance sheet. Lazy bastard couldn’t take it down himself. Hmph Whatever.

                I looked up and quickly looked back down, my heart slamming as I prayed that Maxx wouldn’t turn around and see me. He had a bathroom pass tucked in his back pocket, part of it sticking out as he walked a little ways ahead of me.

                Oh man. If he turned around, I think I would die of embarrassment. Please don’t turn around. Please don’t turn around. Please don’t turn aro-

                “Hey! You’re the kid that almost broke his face on the door!”

                Dammit.

                My face heated up at the sound of Maxx’s amused voice. I looked up to see he was turned around, watching me with eyes that held the same amused expression that they had yesterday when the incident had happened.

                I bit my lip and nodded, not trusting my voice. Oh man, oh man, oh man. Maxx Falcone was talking to me. I don’t care how girly I sound; I was fucking excited right now!

                I realized that Maxx was waiting for me to speak. I wet my lips nervously and nodded again, trying to think of something to say.

                “Yea, that was me,” I said lamely.

                Maxx laughed and shook his head, motioning for me to catch up to him. I walked up to him and he laughed again.

                “Kid, you’re funny. So, uh, mind telling me how you didn’t happen to see the doorframe there yesterday?” he asked as we began to walk again.

                I blushed and gulped. “I, uh, I zoned out,” I said sheepishly.

                He nodded in understanding. “Where you headed to?” he asked. I held up the attendance sheet with a sigh. “Attendance office,” I said.

                Maxx grinned. “I’ll head down there with you. I don’t feel like going to class, plus, you amuse me. What’s your name kid?”

                “I’m Mark. Mark Luce,” I said, looking down at my feet as I spoke my name. He wouldn’t remember me. Of course he wouldn’t remember me. We had only spoken twice, and he had been gone for two years.

                “Cool, Mark. I’m Maxx. Maxx Falcone,” he said casually and stuck his hand out towards me. I stared at it for a second before slowly taking it in my own. He gripped my hand confidently as he shook it. He released my hand and it dropped back to my side, tingling from the contact.

                He looked at me curiously. “I feel like I’ve seen you before. I probably have. I used to go here, but I moved two years ago. Sorry if we know each other. I can barely remember yesterday, but two years ago? Kid, screw that.” He laughed at himself.

                “Y-Yea, I think we might’ve had class together,” I said with an unconcerned shrug. I didn’t want him to think I was a creepy stalker or anything.

                “Yea, I’ll have to ask Chandler later. He remembers things better than me. How sad is it that I have to ask my best friend if he knows who I had classes with?” He sighed and shook his head before grinning at me.

                I knew that Maxx was talkative. I had seen him talking to random kids before, back when he used to attend school here. Right now, I liked that about him. Casual conversation. It was helping me to calm down a little.

                Pain shot through me and I fell back on my butt. I looked around in shock, confused. What the hell had just happened?

                I looked up and saw that Maxx was desperately trying to hide his laughter from me. He coughed a few times to disguise the laughter that slipped out. His face was bright red from holding it in, and his eyes were watering.

                “M-Mark, you have to open the door,” he said and couldn’t help but explode into a fit of laughter.

                My face heated up as I looked at the door I had apparently run into. Dammit! I had zoned out again while talking to Maxx!

                “I tried to warn you, but you just ignored me and slammed right into it,” he said, still laughing. He bent done and stuck his arms under my armpits, lifting me to my feet and opening the door, holding it open for me and trying to stop his laughter.

                “Kid, you’re great. You’re so damn funny! How do you not notice the door or hear me calling your name?” Maxx asked, getting his laughter under control at last as we made our way down the stairs.

                “I zone out really bad I guess,” I said and ran a hand through my hair. Damn, damn, damn. He probably thought I was the biggest moron in the whole world.

                “You’re entertaining, Mark,” he said, folding his hands behind his head as we walked. We went to the attendance office and I handed them the paper before turning around with Maxx.

                “Sorry about that, by the way. I don’t usually laugh like that. I guess I’m just really tired. Also, sorry for not pulling you out of the way of the door,” he snickered.

                “It’s, uh, it’s okay Maxx,” I said and felt excited at saying his name. I loved the name Maxx, and it just fit this sexy ass boy in front of me so well.

                “Well, my class is over here. I guess I’ll see you later Mark,” Maxx said with a wink before turning into a classroom.

                I walked up ahead a little before stopping and smiling to myself. Oh man. Yes, I had embarrassed myself. But I had talked to Maxx Falcone! I guess I didn’t need Shaw’s help anyways. Plus, Maxx said he’s see me later. With that thought floating around my mind, I smiled and walked back to class, eager to tell Shaw.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A.N.- I am soooooo sorry that this chapter is awful! Dx