love

Mitch smiled, showing his dimples.

Those damn dimples that Scott had fallen in love with.

"Scotty?" Mitch asked, "I brought you cheesecake."

He passed Scott a plate with a slice of Oreo cheesecake and a fork on it, and had another one for himself.

"What's the matter, Scott?" Mitch asked. "I hate to see you cry,"

That I'm in love with you but I'll never have a chance with you.

"My cousin died," Scott said, covering himself.

"I'm sorry, honey," Mitch said, wrapping his arms around Scott. "I really am, nobody deserves to go through this."

Scott cried into Mitch's shirt, but Mitch was okay with it. Mitch softly ran his hands up and down Scott's back, making sure that he was okay.

Soon enough, Scott was asleep on Mitch, and Mitch was falling asleep too.

~

3 days later

Scott had decided that today was the day.

That he couldn't live with himself if he didn't tell Mitch he was in love with him. He couldn't keep the secret anymore.

He was waiting for Mitch to come home from work, and soon enough, he heard the door unlocking.

He asked Mitch how his day was and whatnot, but he couldn't really focus with something else on his mind.

"Mitch, I have something to tell you. And it's either going to change our lives for the best or for the worst."

Mitch furrowed his brows, confused.

"Um, okay? Just go ahead with it, honey."

"I don't want this to change us if it doesn't work out-hell, what am I even saying that for? Of course it'll change. For the worst. I'm just going to go on and say it."

"Scott, just go on with it." Mitch smiled.

"Mitch Grassi, I'm in love with you." Scott said.

"No," Mitch said, "no, no, no, no. No you're not. You can't be in love with me. No, no, no."

"Mitch-"

"Scott, I'm sorry. I can't do this. You're my best friend,"

"Please just listen-"

"I need some time to think," Mitch grabbed his jacket and his keys, and he was out the door.

~

a week and a half later

Scott had to admit, when Mitch said he "needed some time to think," he didn't think that would mean he'd never see him again.

But every day it's looking more and more like that.

And to say Scott was heartbroken was an understatement. This was his first time out of the house since Mitch had left, and he hated what he was doing.

But for some reason it felt right.

He was adding a flower to his sleeve. For mitch, he didn't know why, but he felt it needed to be with his family, probably because he cared about Mitch just as much, if not more than his family.

~

three days later

Scott heard a knock at the door, and wondered who would be outside in this kind of rain and storm.

He opened the door to see his best friend, in tears and shivering.

"Mitch, come in, you must be freezing."

Mitch didn't speak until after he had gotten into a nice change of clothes, and he still hadn't stopped crying.

"Scott, I'm in love with you, too."