magic mitch part 2

"Mitch, I'm sorry." Scott said, having a door slammed in his face, at a wave of Mitch's hand.

Scott couldn't help but crumble inside when he heard Mitch crying on the other side of the door.

"Hun?"

No response.

"Mitch, it wasn't me."

No response.

"Can I come in?"

"No."

Scott tried to blink away a tear that ended up falling down his cheek, followed by more.

"Please?" Scott's voice cracked.

He heard the door unlock.

He opened the door and Mitch was curled up in a ball on his bed, sobbing.

Scott sat beside him on the bed.

"I love you. And only you. Do you really think I'd hook up with someone else? How long have we been dating? Four years, right?"

Mitch didn't react, although he heard Scott.

Scott started to rub Mitch's back. "I'm so in love with you, Mitch, I don't even want to think about losing you."

"Why would you love some freak with magic powers?" Mitch asked, sitting up, tears still running down his face. "My parents only wanted me to go get tested for a big wad of cash. You don't love me, you probably think I'm some freak and that's why you went and hooked up with somebody else."

"Mitch, look at me." Scott began. "I think your magic is incredible." He took Mitch's chin into his hand and moved it up so Mitch would look at him. "You have the power to save someone. Don't you think that's amazing?" Mitch laid his head on Scott's shoulder. "Besides. Normal people are boring anyways." He kissed the top of Mitch's head.

Mitch laughed quietly.

"There's that laugh I fell in love with." Scott said. "Now, who told you I did that?"

"Kirstin."

"Kirstin? The girl you dated in high school?"

"Yeah." Mitch said. "Maybe she just wanted to mess with me or something? I don't know."

"Well I don't ever want to have my shirt removed with hand-to-shirt contact ever again." Scott chuckled. "It's too complicated."

That made Mitch laugh, which made Scott laugh.

"God, I'm so in love with you." Mitch said. "I don't know what I'd do without you."

"C'mere." Scott wrapped his arm around Mitch, laying flat on his back and letting Mitch cuddle him. Mitch placed a quiet kiss onto Scott's chest as a thank you.

"Want me to turn the lights off?" Mitch asked.

"Mhm," Scott said.

And with a wave of Mitch's hand, the light switch was off.