reunited

"Hi, babe!" Mitch looked at his phone screen.

"Hi, Mitchie," Scott replied, through FaceTime. "How are you?"

"Excited," Mitch said, "How's the weather over there?"

"Perfect," Scott said, "but there are more perfect things," he continued, winking at Mitch.

Mitch laughed. "I'm so excited to go to UCLA with you," He said, "I finally caught up to you." He stuck his tongue out at the camera on his phone.

"I posted a video for you on Instagram this morning, did you see it?" Scott asked.

"Not yet, but I'm sorry to cut you off, I have to get going soon," Mitch said, "I love you, and I'll see you in a few hours."

"I love you too," Scott said.

With that, Mitch put his phone down, and finished packing up all of his things.

He drove himself to the airport, and once he got to his gate, he waited for a little while.

Then he remembered about the Instagram video Scott had been talking about.

He opened the app, and watched the video.

It was Scott singing a cover of "Thinking Out Loud," by Ed Sheeran, and playing the piano.

And the caption-

for you. @mitchgrassi, can't wait to sing to you like this every day when you get here :)

~

Once his plane to LA landed, he texted Scott.

mitchie: made it! see you at the gate, and i saw the instagram video before taking off, you are so sweet. :)

king scott: not as sweet as you. i'll see you in a few :)

Soon, Mitch was getting off the plane.

As he stepped out into the gate, he looked around, trying to find Scott.

Well, Scott found him first.

Mitch saw Scott practically running towards him, and got out of the way of the other passengers.

When Scott reached him, he picked Mitch up and spun him around, all while Mitch was kissing him.

"Hi, angel," Scott said, "I missed you," he said, putting Mitch down.

"I missed you more," Mitch said, pulling Scott in for a quick kiss.

Mitch and Scott have been dating for two years, since Mitch's sophomore year and Scott's junior year of high school. When Scott went to UCLA, they'd only see each other on vacation, and some weekends they'd fly out to see each other.

So it's been roughly six months since they've seen each other, being as Scott stayed in LA for Summer Semester.

And now they're back in Scott's dorm, Scott helping Mitch unpack his bags.

"I'm really glad you're here," Scott said, kissing Mitch's forehead, "I wouldn't want to go through college with anybody else."

Mitch took Scott's hands in his own, lacing their fingers. "I love you."

"I love you more," Scott said, "I can't wait to sing to you every day, wake up next to you, fall asleep with this cutie in my arms," he said.

Mitch kissed Scott. "I'm excited," he laughed.

~

Fast forward a week and Mitch is coming home from his first class.

"How was it?" Scott asked.

"It was weird," Mitch said, putting down his bag. "I'll just have to get used to it, I guess."

"No, college isn't weird, You're weird."

"Don't even, you beat me in the weird game, weirdo." Mitch said, sitting down next to Scott.

"Yeah, but I'm your weirdo." Scott said.

Mitch blushed.

"How much time until your next class?" Scott asked.

"I've got about an hour," Mitch said. "But after that I'm done for the day."

Scott took Mitch's hand in his. "Perfect." He smiled.