grief

okay so just pretend scomiche lives in different houses okay? love you

It was about one in the morning and I was on my couch, scrolling through Twitter on my phone, eating some popcorn when my Twitter feed faded to Scott's face on the screen, a red button and a green button appearing below it.

I hit the green button and brought the phone to my ear.

"Hey babe, what's up?" I asked, wondering why he was calling at this ungodly hour.

I heard him let out a breath he was holding in before his voice, which was shaky, was audible.

"Uh-could you come over?"

"It's one in the morning, Scottie." I whined.

"P-please?" This time I could tell he was crying. I could imagine the tears rolling down his face and I didn't like thinking about it.

"I'll be right over." I hung up.

We've been dating for about a month now, but we've both wanted to date for a long time. We just thought that the other didn't want to.

I got in my car and drove to his apartment building, about ten minutes away. It wasn't a huge amount of effort to get there, but then again, it was one A.M.

I waved to the familiar looking receptionist, and she waved back, clearly tired from the late night hour.

The elevator took me to the sixth floor, and I walked down the ever so familiar hallway, stopping in front of Scott's door. I knocked lightly before walking in, the door making a slight creak as I peered my head in.

"Scottie," I said, sympathetically, opening my arms to hug him.

He had tear stained cheeks, and his breathing was uneven from his crying, and I felt horrible for him. I don't like seeing him like this at all.

He walked to me and wrapped his arms around me, seeming better with my presence.

I've never seen him cry like this before, though.

"What's wrong, Scottie? Why are you like this?" I gently ran my hand up and down his back, hoping it would soothe him.

"You're going to think I'm ridiculous," he pulled away from the hug, looking at me.

"Babe, come on, what is it?" I walked him to his couch, and held his hand.

"I had this dream, and it started off like our normal lives. Pentatonix rehearsal and all that jazz." He ran a hand through his hair. "But then I got this phone call-they said you were shot-I didn't know what to think." The tears began to brew at his eyes again. "You died, and I was a fucking mess. I had just seen you that morning, and I couldn't believe any of it-It felt so real, Mitchie..." He took in a breath. "I woke up and burst into tears. I really didn't want to bother you but I just had to know you were safe."

"Scottie, I'm right here." I kissed him. "I'm not going anywhere, you know that."

He nodded. "Thanks for coming over."

"Do you want me to spend the night, babe?"

"Mhm, you can wear one of my shirts to sleep in if you want."

I agreed and he tossed me his TØP shirt, which I put on, and we went to bed, and I couldn't help but notice that his arms wrapped around me a little tighter than usual.

i don't know what to think of that tbh