haters

Mitch wasn't having a very good day.

It wasn't like a bad chain of events or anything, just this one person on twitter had to ruin his mood.

It's not like he'd never heard the insult before, either. In fact, he shouldn't have even taken it as an insult.

He just wasn't feeling good about it today.

'you sing like a girl lol what's wrong with you'

Mitch looked at the tweet, waiting for fans to reply to it in his defense.

But when they did, other haters joined on with this kid, whoever it was.

'nobody likes a gay boy'

'how do ppl think ur talented? they're obvi tone deaf'

'totally agree, bro'

He didn't understand why he was being bothered by these tweets, he'd never been bothered like this before. Also, he could simply tap the screen a few times and it would be gone forever.

But the memory wouldn't be.

Scott walked into the room, tapping away at his own phone.

A new reply was added.

'maybe you guys are the ones who are tone deaf.'

Mitch laughed to himself and looked up at his boyfriend.

"Thanks, babe."

"Mhm." Scott sat next to Mitch. "Some of those people woke up on the wrong side of the bed."

"Tell me about it." Mitch wiped away a tear that he didn't even know he'd shed.

"Wow, you really let them get to you, didn't you?" Scott gently rubbed Mitch's back.

"I don't know why today was any different for me, it just hit me harder, I guess." He shrugged. "They say the positives should always outweigh the negatives."

"Sometimes it's hard for them to, though, isn't it?" Scott asked.

"Yeah." Mitch looked at the mean replies after Scott's and buried his face in his hands.

Scott moved Mitch's hands and tilted his face up to his own. Mitch tried to resist it.

"Mitch, look at me."

Mitch gave in, lacing his fingers with Scott's.

"Do you really believe a word they're saying, babe?Look at what 'grasssssssssi' just said. 'y'all are on something. Mitch is the most talented person I've ever heard.' And then an 'a-ok' emoji."

"I don't get it. Part of me just wants to prove them wrong, and another part of me is telling me I'll never be good enough for them."

"Well, for some of them, that's true." Scott wrapped his arm around Mitch's shoulders, looking into his eyes.

"I just wish it wasn't."

"Me too, Mitchie."

Scott leaned in and kissed Mitch passionately, and started to smile when he felt Mitch smile through it. Scott's tongue graced Mitch's lip, asking for entrance, and Mitch granted it to him.

When they pulled away, Scott laced their fingers together.

"You're the best," Mitch laughed at his corny comment.

Scott gave Mitch a kiss on the cheek before taking his phone and deleting the tweet that started everything in the first place.